Give it a Try (M'Baku & Xoliswa)

M'Baku looks at the woman who was sent to live with his people for a while. You are currently coming back from the market holding a basket in your hand. He sees his daughter run out to you, smiling all the way as she hugs your waist and hangs on, you laughing as you walk back into the palace with her.

"Bisa! Sweetie!"

M'Baku steps into the hallway making his presence known.

"Baba!" Bisa cries, running to him.

"Are you being nice to Iniko?"

"I'm always nice to mama!" She says and M'Baku stiffens.

You notice and quickly walk away, not wanting to anger the tall man. Bisa sees you rush off and she hits her father's arm.

"Baba! Did you glare at her? She's just being nice!"

"Bisa..."

Bisa wiggles free of her father and runs after you. M'Baku sighs.
🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
You don't join them for dinner and Bisa pouts the entire time. She finally leaves the table and goes looking for you. M'Baku sighs as a servant cleans up and goes to find his daughter.

"Baba is just stupid."

"Bisa. He is your father."

"Baba is just dumb."

You chuckle and M'Baku peeks into the room to see Bisa between your legs and you are braiding her hair.

"Baba likes you."

You snort.

"And he loves T'Challa."

Bisa giggles as she hugs the Black Panther plush you brought when you came.

"Do you think Baba is cute Mama?"

"I do but he doesn't seem interested. I know it is futile to chase a man who shows no interest."

"But you would be a good mama! And a chief!"

"Bisa I appreciate you trying to convince your father to be nicer to me but it is fine. I go back to my tribe in a few days."

"No! Ow!"

"Bisa love you can't jump when I'm braiding! Are you okay?"

"Yes...you can't leave!"

You sigh before continuing to braid.

"Well, I must. I'll miss you Bisa. You were my favourite part."

Bisa makes a happy sound. M'Baku goes to his room.
🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
Your time to leave comes and Bisa is upset.

"Mama!"

"Bisa!"

You hold the Black Panther plush and embrace her. Bisa cries into the robe you are now wearing.

"Here princess."

Bisa hugs the plush and you kiss her forehead. You slip the arm band you were wearing and placed it on her arm.

"I'm always a call away."

Bisa smiles before hugging you again. She walks back to M'Baku but doesn't take his hand. She watches as you board the plane and it leaves.
🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
M'Baku takes Bisa with him to the next council meeting and Bisa is nearly overjoyed at seeing you. You are talking to T'Challa before the meeting and you look beautiful. You are in a white shorts romper with a printed floor length robe in various shades of blue and matching shoes. Your hair is curled from being in Bantu knots and your makeup is light.