Arranged (M'Baku)

Alternate Universe
You are the middle child of the three children King T'Chaka and Queen Mother Ramonda had. You're 25 with your hair cut short, beautiful brown skin, bright black eyes, and a beautiful smile. You're intelligent (why wouldn't you be?) and often help shuri in her lab. A sweet woman, you are sought after by many men and even dated W'Kabi at one point (that didn't work but it's fine!).

But don't let the sweet personality fool you: you can beat anyone's ass (T'Challa and N'Jadaka can testify to it) and your tongue can be deadly when you're annoyed.

Right now, you're trying not to destroy something.

"What?" You finally say.

Shuri, N'Jadaka, and T'Challa all wonder why you're so calm. You were just told you were going to marry the new chief of the Jabari: M'Baku. You're marrying him to help reintegrate the Jabari with the rest of wakanda.

"We've arranged a marriage between you and M'Baku. It's for the good of wakanda," T'Chaka says.

You blink before standing and walking out the office. You make your way to the land of the dead. You ignore Zuri who blinks as you walk over to one of the sandpits. You lay face down and scream making everyone jump.

Zuri rushes over.

"Princess Thulani! Are you okay?"

"No I'm not Zuri but I'll be fine."

You turn and pluck a black berry, popping it into your mouth. Zuri smiles. The family had discovered you are the ghost panther: protector of the Black Panther and golden jaguar.

"I guess your father told you."

"Yes. Why didn't anyone ask me? Just fuck my feelings!"

Zuri rubs your back.

"M'Baku is a nice man."

"I have to give this all up! Leave Shuri and T'Challa! And N'Jadaka! I don't want to! And Ayo and I were suppose to go on a date!"

You wipe a tear away.

"I...I hate this."

Zuri gives you a hug and you hug the man you consider as an uncle.

"It will be okay my dear."

You sigh but nod.

"Come help me tend to the new shoots."

You follow after him.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
You recite the vows before M'Baku kisses you. It's a quick kiss and you force a smile before you two walk to the reception. You sit through everything before you decide you need air and go to the garden.

You stand by the fountain and look at the water.

"Princess?"

You turn and see Ayo. You hug the Dora Milaje and she pulls back to kiss you softly. You smile at her.

"I wish I could marry you," you whisper and she chuckles.

"And I You. You'll be okay. And if he ever hurts you..."

You laugh.

"I'll call you."

She smiles as she kisses your cheek.

"You can do it Princess. Even if you have to remind yourself it's for Wakanda."

You sigh.

"At least Baba managed to convince M'Baku to allow me to have a lab and my technology."

Ayo smiles. She is going to miss you.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Your living arrangements with M'Baku are nothing of a married couple. You sleep in your lab (that's located in the back of the palace) so often that you had servants set up a room nearby. M'Baku doesn't force you to come sleep with him although he does come to the lab often.