Warrior (M'Baku)

M'Baku is the chief of the Jabari. The Great Gorilla. A mighty warrior who fears nothing. Except telling you how he feels.

You are his best warrior. Standing at 5'6" with a toned and curvy body you are ruthless. Your caramel skin is clear except for the warrior tattoos on your arms and legs. Your hair is in neat dreads that reach your waist, the sides shaved, and the dreads dyed white as freshly fallen snow. Your eyes are a piercing black that seem to read someone's soul. The final thing about you that sets you apart from all the other warriors is the fact when you fight your eyes turn into pools of liquid silver.

M'Baku sometimes wonder why he couldn't just like Aisha, the sweet tribe member who helps create the furs the warriors wear (except you). She has a crush on you and many in the tribe approve. But no, M'Baku has to love the woman who doesn't even show any other emotion beside a blank face or sharp eyes.

M'Baku sighs and decides to take a walk to clear his mind. He needs to clear his mind because if not, he will be annoyed. Leaving the palace, he pulls the fur closer since it is snowing. Walking, he greets those he sees before finding himself at the "secret" garden.

The "secret" garden isn't a secret but it is hidden. Often a place to think, many go there for peace and relaxation, something M'Baku needs. He enters the garden and sees you sitting there, your signature cloak around you. It is black with a fur lining on the collar. It is beautiful and you made it, showing you are skilled in the art of creating items.

"Great Gorilla."

M'Baku nods to you, trying to slow his beating heart. He sits next to you, watching as the snow falls slowly with you. Your dreads are in a neat bun and you have on thin wood hoop earrings.

"Kijani?"

"Yes Great Gorilla?"

"M'Baku is Fine. We are alone."

"Yes M'Baku?"

M'Baku swallows the butterflies threatening to come out of his stomach.

"I...I...never mind. It is foolish."

You raise an elegant eyebrow and M'Baku feels he is being judged.

"You look like you need some time to think alone. I will give you your space Great Gorilla."

You stand and with a sweep of your cloak, you leave M'Baku in the garden alone. He sighs.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
You are with M'Baku when he finally agrees to be on the council and you are the same frightening woman you are to those who do not know you. Although, you do manage to scare the villagers at times too.

The only people who are not intimidated by you are Okoye, Ayo, and T'Challa. You quickly become friends with the two Dora Milaje. M'Baku assumes it's a wrapper and women thing. You spend your free time with the women either sparring or talking.

That's where M'Baku first sees you smile. You have just finished a session and Okoye says something as you help her up. You laugh, head back before you look at her, the most beautiful smile M'Baku has ever seen on your face. You seem to light up and you are even more beautiful.

You two walk off and you don't notice him. M'Baku sighs as he walks off as well.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
"Your Chief. He likes you," Okoye says.

You look up from the pot you are over, having offered to make Okoye and Ayo your favourite dish: curry goat with rice and peas and steamed vegetables. You are in jeans and a sports bra.

"M'Baku? The man sooner fall in love with T'Challa."

The two women laugh and you smile.

"Besides, the tribe wants to see him with another woman. She is better. She is everything I am not."