Family (Michael B. Jordan & Winston Duke)

Michael stares in shock at the young boy who looks like him.

"He's mine?"

"Yes Michael."

You don't look thrilled or even happy by that affirmation.

"I...why..."

"I tried to tell you five years ago when I was pregnant and you said, to my face, it couldn't be yours. As if I wasn't dating you."

Michael stares before the young boy turns, sees his mother and smiles.

"Nana!"

Donna smiles as she catches the young boy and hugs him.

"Hey Raven!"

"Hello Donna. Andre wanted to see you and Michael."

"Well, PawPaw should be coming inside right about now."

"PawPaw!"

"It's the little warrior!" Michael exclaims and picks his grandson up.

Michael just stares in shock as his parents coo over Andre.

"Let him spend the night. You look like you could use a day to yourself."

"I can't. I..."

Donna nods, understanding. You had been devastated when Michael rejected Andre before he was even born. You moved out immediately after he did that. You eventually moved back to NYC with Andre but come back to Cali often so Andre can see Donna and Michael.

"Well, at least stay for dinner."

You smile and nod.

"Need help in the kitchen?"

Donna smiles as you two walk off.
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Donna hugs you before kissing your forehead.

"You are doing great Raven."

"Thanks Donna. Andre say your last good byes!"

Andre hugs Michael before running to Donna. She kisses his forehead and you two leave, Andre bouncing on his heels. You honk the horn as you pull off.

Donna closes the door before looking at Michael.

"Momma..."

"I don't want to hear a word Michael. You hurt that girl. She loved you and do you know how much it took to get her to keep Andre? Do you?"

Michael looks down.

"You leave her alone."

"But if that—"

"That is your son. We did a paternity test. We are his fraternal grandparents."

Michael blinks.

"I'm a dad."

"No you're not. Leave her and Andre alone."

"But—"

"Leave her alone!" She snaps and walks away.
💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Michael's thoughts keep drifting to you and Andre. The little boy really looks like a miniature Michael.

He arrives in NYC and asks your friends where you live. Reluctantly, Vanessa tells him. He knocks on the door of the brownstone and is greeted by Winston.

"Hey Michael!" He hugs him.

"Hey. I thought Raven..."

"She's in the kitchen. Come on in."