Insecure (Michael B. Jordan)

"Gotta a lot on my mind, I'm thinking I'm needing a break to clear up the clutter, damn man."

Michael looks up as he hears the voice he knows so well singing. He turns, staring as you sing. The crowd listens as you softly sing the first verse, a man stands next to you smiling as you sing.

"Can I get a minute get some space man. You been through my head, playing games man."

"Damn she sounds good," Chadwick says.

Michael nods. He knows this song. And he hates it.

"You be way too controlling,Got me feeling like I can't breathe, I can't even hang with a homie."

The man smiles as you smile at him. You see Michael.

"Ain't no reason not to trust me, I'm your lady, not a slave, you my nigga not my master."

Michael swallows hard.

"Wait...isn't that your girlfriend Michael?" Winston asks.

Michael nods. He feels his friends' eyes on him.

"I'll escape thinking, "Who can I run to?" Got me looking for a new dude,With a chill vibe, who a nice time, who can lay back, who don't pick fights, who ain't insecure."

Ladies in the audience cheer, giving various "Yes girl", "you tell him!", and other replies.

"Yeah, why you gotta be so insecure?
When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more
And why you can't get up off my back?
And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that."

You step back as the man next to you begins to sing. Michael can't help but to wonder if this song is meant for him, if you spotted him the moment he walked in.

He had been upset you were going out—he wanted to stay in with you. You told him no and that you already made plans. You two got into a fight and Michael accused you of cheating.

You had just stared before leaving the house, not stopping as he called after you. You got into your shiny black Tesla roadster and took off.

He looks up as you start to sing again.

"Don't you never trust, it's important.Ever heard of that, is it foreign to you?"

You're now looking directly at Michael and he knows you're mad.

"Is a good time really boring to you? You be on your Suge Knight, I was tryna find. You're a bully or a lover, Are you my man or my big brother?"

Michael looks down. This wasn't the first time you had told him to stop being clingy and so controlling. It's just that Michael loves you. He hasn't said that to any woman he dated. Maybe it's because you're so different.

You're from New York and Michael had to work to get your attention. You are the founder of a popular lounge that has several locations around the world. You know people and people know you.

Michael feels like he deserves to be insecure. You have been seen with people who are richer than him. More powerful than him.

And you're beautiful. Your caramel skin is smooth and flawless. Your tattoos are beautiful and tell a story. Your hair is cut short and you dyed it blonde this time. Your black eyes remind him of the night sky, especially when you get a twinkle in them.

Michael deserves to be insecure because next to you he is basic.

"Baby somethings wrong with this picture.You make it hard to wanna stay with ya."

Michael downs his drink and looks back up, locking eyes with you. You look good in those camouflage overalls and he sees the black tube top under it.

You look away before making eye contact with the man you're singing with. You smile before turning, looking over at Michael.

"I'm your lady, not a slave, You my nigga, not my master, I'll escape. Thinking who can I run to?"

There are more cheers as you sing. you have stepped off the stage long ago and had been slowly making your way to Michael.

"Got me looking for a new dude, I'm a good girl but you reaching, Bout to make me give you reason to be insecure."

Michael licks his lips as you reach him. You touch his thigh, your piercing black eyes staring into his brown ones. He takes your hand, kissing it, eyes closed as you sing softly.

"Why you gotta be so insecure?
When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more
And why you can't get up off my back?
And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that."

Michael looks at you as the audience cheers and you take your hand back. You walk off and Michael needs to go outside.
🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵
When you come home, Michael is on the couch. He stands the moment you walk over.

"I'm sorry."

You are silent.

"I was wrong. I was...insecure..."

You move closer, cupping his face before kissing him. He holds you close, not wanting to let you go.

"Come to bed. You're tired."

Michael holds your hand as he follows after you.
🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵
Michael wakes up and rolls over. Your back is to him and he moves closer, head on your shoulder, arms around your waist.

He hears you humming softly. He knows this song and he loves it.

"Sweet love, hear me calling out your name, I feel no shame, I'm in love."

Michael kisses the back of your neck and you chuckle as he kisses all along your neck and shoulders.

"Forgive me?"

"Are you going to change? Stop being so insecure?"

"Yes. I promise."

You roll over and Michael kisses you, holding your face as he holds you close.

"I'll stop being so insecure."

You smile.
🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵
Michael keeps his word and changes his behaviour. You enjoy the changes and Michael finds that he is happier with you.

You stroke his face as he lays with his head on your chest. He kisses your hand before yawning. He is dozing off when he hears insecure start to play.

He doesn't hate this song.