Remember (Erik Killmonger)

Part two of Forget it
☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
Erik can't find you. He has looked everywhere and your father is giving him the cold shoulder. He needs to fix this. He can't lose you.

"It doesn't matter T'Challa."

"But you love him!"

You snort and Erik peeks into the office. You are seated and hold a glass in your hand.

"Well I'm just going to have to forget him."

"Let me talk to him."

"He barely listens to me. What says you T'Challa."

"I'm the king."

"And Erik doesn't give two fucks about your title. T just leave him alone. Besides, I'm going home."

"Home as in the tribe."

"No. Home as in America."

"You can't! What about Erik?"

"He's been doing fine. Okoye told me she took him to visit the border tribe and he enjoyed it. He's fine."

T'Challa sighs.

"Kasim..."

"T'Challa drop it."

You put your glass down and stand.

"I'm going to go see Zuri."

You walk out the room and Erik hides behind the door. You're leaving? You can't.
☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
"Are you okay?"

"Honestly Baba? No."

Zuri sighs and motions you to sit next to him. He gives you a soft smile.

"He still hasn't..."

"No. And I was going to propose! I really thought..."

You let out a choked sob and Zuri pulls you into his arms. You cry into chest, shaking as you cry. Dakarai enters and walks over, rubbing your back.

"I just want to go home. I can't stay here. I just can't."

"We understand. We wish you could have stayed longer."

"Me too."

You relax before standing.

"I have to pack."

You walk off and they sigh.

"Excuse me?"

They turn and see Erik. Dakarai's face hardens and Zuri has to grab his arm.

"YOU!"

Erik jumps. Your father is as tall as you and just as big. Must be a Jabari man thing.

"You broke his heart! He broke his back to get you to be able to come here and that's how you repay him?!"

"Dakarai," Zuri says softly and Dakarai huffs.

"I hope whatever you did was worth it. I really do."

He brushes past Erik, knocking his shoulder as Zuri sighs.
  ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️ 
You arrive back in New York and make your way home. Milaje barks before seeing you drop on the couch. She lays on your lap and comforts you, nuzzling your hand when necessary.

You spend two days just crying. You cried and went through maybe two bottles of whiskey. By day three you decide to get yourself together. You shower, brush your teeth, get dressed and eat. You begin to slowly pack away all the memories you made with Erik.