See You (M'Baku)

When M'Baku first meets you, you are the extremely shy friend of Shuri. You are in an oversized hoodie and leggings with sneakers, hair out in a curly Afro. You smell like M'Baku's favourite fruit: mango. You are tinkering over something in the lab with classical music playing in the background.

"Iniko!"

You looked up, revealing honey coloured eyes that made M'Baku stop mid stride. T'Challa blinked at the action before smiling. You're eyes are beautiful. You hug Shuri and T'Challa before giving a shy wave to M'Baku before presenting him with a fur.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
The second time M'Baku hears of you it's from Shuri's panic cries when she realises they left you behind when Erik shows up. She is worried about you and is scared that Erik is torturing you.

You are fine, locked away in your room, Okoye checking on you when she can. You are rereading Macbeth for the third time when the doors open and reveal the new king.

Your face is blank and show no emotions. Erik studies you before climbing on the bed and pulling you under him. He kisses you softly, drawing no protest from you.

"Damn, playing hard to get?"

You snort and Erik smirks as you roll your eyes

"Can't play hard to get when there's no playing involved."

Erik's smirk becomes sinister and your heart drops.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
The third time M'Baku sees you, you are fighting Erik. It's beautiful. Your hair whips around you in long braids and you have no weapon yet you are up to par with Erik.

There is anger in your eyes and Erik is having difficulty blocking your punches.

"You are not MY KING!" You all but snarl as you rip the collar off of him, causing Erik to drop to his knees, nude.

The fighting stops in that instance and you faint, Shuri catching you.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
The fourth time M'Baku sees you, you're working next to Erik who's looking over something of yours. You two are talking about some show and are now in heated debate over who's a better character.

M'Baku enters, pausing the debate just enough for you to wave and slap Erik's hand away from a plate of treats. Erik pouts but smiles as you gently kiss his hand in apology.

M'Baku places the gift in your lap and you open it, Erik's curious eyes observing the gift. It's a fur, almost a match to M'Baku's normal furs he wears. You pull it on, smiling as it warms you and smells like something distinctly M'Baku.

You hug him, tiptoeing to kiss his cheek. Erik gives a knowing smile.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
The fifth time M'Baku mentions you he's asking Shuri if you like the cold. He wants to take you to his home to see the mountains and snow.

"Are you sure?"

"I mean you can check with Erik but I don't think she's particularly fond of it."

"Ask me what?" Erik says walking over.

"Does Iniko like the cold?"

"She tolerates it. She hated going to Chicago for that conference. Too windy and too cold she said. Why?"

"M'Baku wants to take her to see his home."

Erik smiles.

"She'll love the cold if it's with you."
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
The sixth time M'Baku sees you, you are sitting on his throne, fur wrapped around you, and shivering. He picks you up and you instantly curl around him, warming yourself with his heat.