Tulips and Strawberries (Chadwick Boseman)

"CHADWICK AARON BOSEMAN!"

The grown man jumps before a feeling of fright travels through the man. You walk in and throw your phone at him. He catches it and looks at you, confused.

"Read the messages!"

Chadwick looks at the messages and he swallows hard. It's his girlfriend. Threatening you.

"Ash..."

"Don't "Ash" me!" You growl. "Talk to your girlfriend before I have to because if I talk to her: I'm going to hurt her feelings."

You snatch your phone back and walk away.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
Chadwick comes back to the house he shares with you and makes his way to your room. He knocks.

"Ashlee?"

The door opens and you look at him.

"What?"

Chadwick produces the bouquet of white tulips and blue jacket hyacinth that are wrapped in a perfect white bow. He also has a box of your favourite treats from Godiva: Chocolate covered strawberries.

"Forgive me? I talked to my girl and I promise she won't do it again."

You accept the flowers and strawberries.

"Thank you Chadwick."

"Hug?"

You laugh and hug your housemate.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
Chadwick introduces you to Michael and you two hit it off. Chadwick is kind of jealous.

Michael showers you with attention and gifts. Even though filming for Black Panther is over, Chadwick sees Michael almost everyday.

Chadwick walks in and sees you and Michael, on the couch and watching some show. Michael has his head on your chest and you're rubbing circles in his head as you two watch the show.

Chadwick doesn't know why, but he feels his heart sink.

"Hey Chad!" Michael calls, making you look up.

"Hey, Chadwick!"

Chadwick smiles and waves before going to his room. He closes the door and sits down. He hadn't told you but his girlfriend dumped him, thinking he was sleeping with you. It hurt but Chadwick would not lie: he was falling out of love with his now ex.

He feels something wet touch his hand and he realises he is crying. He wipes the tears away before going to shower.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
It is a little pass midnight when you hear something that sounds like crying. It's soft and you tiptoe over to Chadwick's room and listens.

You hear a sniffle before a soft cry follows. You enter the room and walk over to Chadwick.

"Chad?"

He jumps and sits up, rubbing his face.

"Hey, Ash..."

"You okay?"

Chadwick nods, back to you. You aren't buying it.