Braids (Erik Killmonger)

Alternate Universe
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
Erik loves to play in your hair. It always calms him and he's grateful you allow him to. You have 4C hair that is just beautiful to him. It's black like midnight and it's soft like the best cotton sheets in the world. It always smells like some fruit (the past month it was coconut) and you always style it in some cute hairstyle.

Today is wash day. He knew the moment he heard the soft R&B playing when he came back from grocery shopping. He pets Vitamin (don't ask why the Pitbull is named Vitamin: he just is) before he begins packing the groceries away.

"Baby? Is that you?"

Your voice is soft but Erik can hear it from a mile away (honestly speaking: Erik could find you from a mile or hundreds of miles away if needed).

"Yeah it's me."

You smile as you appear. You're on the deep conditioning stage—the bright blue shower cap you're wearing is the only clue.

"What are you going to do this time?"

"I don't know."

Even though your hair is 4C and immediately shrinks to a medium size Afro, when you sit there and stretch your hair or blow dry it, it comes about mid-back. Erik loves it.

"Dreads?"

You laugh.

"No babe."

He pouts but smiles as you grin, looking at him like he's the only one in the world.

"Faux Locs?"

"Eh..."

"It's suppose to be really warm and I know you hate having to wash your hair in like two days from just the sweat."

You think.

"Or those Fulani braids."

You light up.

"Please?"

Erik grins.

"Of course babe."

You smile as he kisses you softly.

"Let me order dinner and then I'll grab the supplies."

You kiss him again before running off.
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
You sit on a cushion between your boyfriend's legs and relax as he blowdries your hair. Erik takes his time, making sure to put the heat protectant spray. He already oiled your scalp and was now making sure that your hair is dry so he can braids your hair.

He finishes that and then begins the process of parting and braiding. You relax as he works, "Me and Mrs. Jones" playing softly.

Erik is gentle as he works, smiling as vitamin runs over and sits next to you. You pet his head—which he shoved in your lap—and Erik smiles.
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
You grin as you look at the results. Erik gave you waist length Fulani braids and you grin. He walks over and attaches the hair jewellery to a few of the braids and gold beads to the four braids hanging on the side of your head.

You tiptoe to kiss your husband and he smiles as he holds your waist, kissing you again.

"Thank you my prince."

Erik smiles at his nickname and kisses you again.

"You're welcome my queen."
💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
You are becoming worried.

Erik should have been back from his mission by now and he hasn't returned. Vitamin whines as you sit on the couch, depressed. He nudges you before jumping on the couch and licks your face.