Court You (M'Baku)

Part two of Stay
M'Baku feels alone for once in a long time. It has been two months since you left. Your father was proud, blessing you before throwing a party for you. M'Baku didn't go to it: he didn't want to accept you are leaving.

"Chief...the king is here."

M'Baku looks up from his office and nods as he grabs his fur and goes to see him. He stops mid-stride when he hears your voice followed by laughter. He enters the room and stares.

You are in a simple black dress with a fur wrapped around you. You are darker and glow, your golden brown eyes standing out. You appear curvier, as if you gained weight but it looks good on you.

"Chief M'Baku."

"King T'Challa. Maha."

You give him a cool look and M'Baku feels as if he will he turned to ice. You look away before leaving, not saying a word.

"We have much to discuss."
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
M'Baku and T'Challa enter the temple and see you talking to your father. You have changed into traditional Jabari clothing and are smiling.

"So tell me about this prince."

"What is there to tell baba? He is kind, funny, intelligent, and very sweet. He has asked to meet you."

"Now why would he want to meet me?"

"Says it's only right he knows where I get my attitude from."

Your father gives a hearty laugh.

"Zuri says the same."

"Speaking of, did you ask?"

"I did. He is coming to the festival in a month."

"My baba has a date! Oh, I will run and tell the village."

He laughs before spotting T'Challa and M'Baku.

"The Chief and the king arrive."

"No need for formalities. We are about to be family with you and Zuri becoming a couple," T'Challa says smiling.

"A Jabari and a Panther? Oh how the gods laugh."

"Legend has it Bast and Hanuman were once a couple."

"That is true. It will be...interesting. Now tell me T'Challa, this Erik boy, is he treating my daughter well?"

"Yes. He has no choice or Shuri and Zuri would have his head."

"Good good. Now I don't have to rough him up."

M'Baku stands quietly as you and T'Challa walk away.

"M'Baku."

He looks at your father.

"Jafar."

"You love her."

M'Baku sighs.

"Does it matter? She is upset with me and Erik..."

"Has laid no claim on her and is not courting her. M'Baku I nearly let the love of my life slip away, only getting lucky that he came back home. You adore my daughter: I see it in your eyes."

"But...she doesn't want anything to do with me."

"How do you know?"

M'Baku looks at Jafar.

"Here. Go and ask her."

M'Baku takes the small black box and rushes after you.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
You and T'Challa are standing by the river when M'Baku comes over.