Family (Erik Killmonger)

The scene that greets Erik is one that he loves. You are sleeping on the couch, Amari, sleeping between your legs, her head on your stomach, hugging the stuffed jaguar animal he gave her last time he came back from a mission.

Erik gently picks Amari up and carries her to her room, tucking her into bed with a single good night kiss, covers up. He returns to the living room and gently scoops you up, cradling you to his chest. You have always been curvy but you have what Erik calls the happy wife weight. It was as if all your pregnancy weight went to your hips, butt, thighs, and breast after you had Amari seven years ago. Erik loves it.

He lays you in bed and you groan, hugging the pillow as you continue to sleep. Erik showers in the guest bathroom so he doesn't wake you before joining you in bed. You're on your back now and for old time sake, he rests his head in the crock of your neck, nose on your pulse and dozes off.
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Erik is walking in with the morning newspaper when he is tackled by the two bodies. He laughs as he is peppered with kisses from his wife and daughter.

"Baba!"

"N'Jadaka!"

Erik laughs as he stands, holding the two women he loves in his arms. Amari looks like a perfect blend of you and Erik. She has tight black curls that you have taken care—it's styled into two neat goddess braids, warm brown sugar skin, bright golden brown eyes, and a beautiful smile.

"We missed you baba!"

"I missed you and momma too, baby girl."

Amari beams as Erik kisses her forehead.

"You are not hurt right?"

"No I'm not momma jag."

You chuckle at the nickname. Erik kisses you softly and Amari smiles.

"Aright, breakfast and than cub here has to get to school!"

"Yes!"

You all return to the Monday morning routine, laughter and chatter filling the house.
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Erik returns from grocery shopping and blinks at seeing his cousin in the living room.

"T'Challa."

"N'Jadaka."

"It's Erik."

He nods.

T'Challa and Erik haven't spoken since Bast knows how long. Erik wants to keep it that way. Their parents—brothers—had a falling out a long time ago and the two never got along.

"I came to see how you are."

"How did you get in?"

"I let him in."

Erik sees you and he kisses you as you take the two bags from him. Erik is about to get the other but he sees T'Challa's bodyguards have already brought the others inside.

"Dakarai?"

"Hmm?"

"A word?"

You two step inside the study you and Erik share.

"Babe...I don't want him here."

"Amari deserves to meet her uncle."

Erik shakes his head.

"I don't want them influencing her."

"They won't."

"Babe—"

"N'Jadaka. You forget who I am. Who Amari is. Amari will sooner take your side than that man outside. He is family and yes, family argues but if something was to happen to us: I'd take T'Challa over my family."