Move On (Chadwick Boseman)

Alternate Universe
"Just leave me alone!"

"No! You're my wife!"

"That bitch in your bed begs to differ!"

Donna and Michael stare as you and Michael argue. You slap him before throwing your ring at him.

"Seven years. I gave you seven years! And you throw it away because I had to go back to New York for work?"

You shake your head, years forming.

"I should've never said yes."

You run out, getting in your car and pulling off.

Donna shakes her head as she walks away.

You move back to New York before leaving the divorce papers on the kitchen table. You move into a penthouse when you arrive and have decorated it in a warm industrial style.

You also adopt a puppy. He's a French bulldog and he's named T'Challa (apparently the daughter owner of the Animal shelter named him—you're not mad though). He's playful and calm although a bit talkative.

You are currently working on a blueprint in your office, T'Challa sleeping on his bed, when the doorbell rings. You look up before walking to the door and answering.

"Chadwick!"

"Hey! Sorry I couldn't call but you changed your number and I had to find out from your job."

"No it's fine. Come in."

He enters and whistles.

"Wow. Nice. Is Michael here?"

You frown.

"No."

"So the rumours are true? You filed for divorce?"

"Yup."

He frowns.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Wine?"

"Rosé?"

He pulls the bottle out and you smile. You grab two glasses as you two go back to your office to talk.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Chadwick loves T'Challa—after you reassure him you didn't name him—and T'Challa loves Chadwick. You ordered dinner and now you two are sitting on the balcony talking and eating, T'Challa snoring softly.

"How long are you in New York?"

"Two weeks."

"Work?"

"Yeah. How's work?"

"Same old. At least work paid off college and can afford my lifestyle."

Chadwick smiles.

"Would you like to grab a bite on maybe Friday?"

"Chadwick Boseman are you asking me out?"

"...maybe..."

"Isn't that against the bro rules or whatever bullshit you men have?"

"Yeah but I can't pass up on an amazing woman."

You blush but agree to the date.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
"Hey."

"Wow."

You blush as you let Chadwick in.

"I hope I'm not too casual. I didn't know what to wear and I called my friends over and yeah: this is what I ended up in."