Marry You (T'Challa)

T'Challa wraps himself in the fur and breathes in the scent. It smells like spices, wood, and something distinctly you. You had gone home to the Jabari, having to check on your father.

"My king," Okoye says, bringing him from his thoughts.

"Ekon returns."

T'Challa stands.

"Where...?"

"Shuri's lab."

T'Challa makes his way to the lab, dread edging at his heart. He is scared that you are hurt. You always laugh and wrap him in your strong arms before telling him that nothing would ever hurt him.

He enters the lab and sees your large form sitting in a chair. You are bent over, hands folded, and your head resting on it. You have a blank stare.

"Ekon! Ekon?"

You look up slowly before opening your arms and taking your lover into your lap. T'Challa kisses your forehead and you give a gentle squeeze to his body.

"Your father..."

"He has gotten worse. M'Baku is furious I brought him here."

"Shuri will take care of him."

"I know. I trust her. I am just worried. It is my father. I promised my mother on her death bed I would make sure he would be fine."

T'Challa kisses you softly before you tuck your head under his chin.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
T'Challa wonders if he will have to pull you off of M'Baku. You are standing at full height and anger flows off of you.

"You are angry with me because I brought my father—on his blessing—to Shuri to get checked out?! Angry? That is my father M'Baku. My father."

Your fist clenched and T'Challa grabs your arm. You look at him and he shakes his head. You growl before turning and storming off.

M'Baku looks at T'Challa.

"Why would—"

"He didn't ask me and even if he did, I would have let him."

M'Baku huffs as T'Challa walks off to find you. You are in the garden sitting on a bench under one of the trees. T'Challa sits next to you.

"He is insane if he thinks I would let my father die."

"M'Baku is stuck in his ways."

"I should unstuck him."

You both look at each other.

"That made no sense," you said, laughter bubbling in your throat and T'Challa laughs with you.

"Shuri says your father woke up."

"He did?!"

"Yes. He's sleeping now but she says you can see him tomorrow."

You smile before kissing T'Challa.

"Thank you."

"I did nothing. Save your thanks for Shuri."

"I owe her a fur."

T'Challa chuckles as you two sit in the garden, enjoying the fresh air and the big cats roaming around.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
You and your father are talking, the older man smiling as you make a joke. T'Challa walks in, smiling at you.

"Love," you say softly, kissing his hand.

"Ah, my future son-in-law," your father says making T'Challa blush but smile at him.