Mama (Erik Killmonger)

Alternate Universe where Erik is a kid and grows up in Wakanda (his pops still dead tho)
The only person Erik likes in wakanda is the woman who adopted him. You are a close friend of Zuri and T'Chaka, serving as the high priestess for the Sekhmet temple.

"Umama!"
(Umama is mom in Xhosa)

You smile at hearing Erik and turn, catching him in a hug. Erik loves your hugs. They feel safe, warm, and he feels like nothing could ever hurt him.

"Little Jaguar. What brings you running?"

Erik loves his nickname as well. You don't call him by his Wakandan name (unless he's in big trouble) and Erik is only used when around those who don't him.

"I found something! Come! Please?"

He looks at you with those deep honey brown eyes and you relent. Zuri chuckles as he tags along, curious as to what Erik found.

You all go to the garden where Erik walks over to a bush. He gently removes some branches to reveal a jaguar cub. You squat, gently picking the cat up who whines in pain. You see it has a cut on its leg.

"Oh, baby."

"Can you heal him Umama?"

Your hand glows green as you hover over the cut. Erik watches as you heal the cut and the cub moves it's leg, feeling no pain. It chirps loudly before licking your finger and then nuzzles Erik's jaw. Erik laughs as he hugs the cub.

"Can I keep him momma?"

"Her and I don't see why not."

Erik smiles as he hugs you before gently picking the cub up.

"Do you have a name?"

"Uju!"

"Honey? It's a sweet name for a sweet cat to a sweet boy."

Erik beams as you kiss his forehead.

"I have to help Uncle Zuri with something. Be good!"

"Yes Umama!"

You and Zuri walk off, leaving Erik and Uju to play.
🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡
You are surprised when you see a crying Erik and instantly go into what Zuri calls "Lioness mode".

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"The king...he took Uju!"

Erik sobs in your arms and you growl. Zuri feels bad for T'Chaka: the man is dead. Zuri gently takes Erik who holds his hand while trying to wipe his tears.

You march into the throne room, the two following close behind. T'Chaka blinks in shock and Ramonda shakes her head.

"You took Uju?" You say calmly.

"Uju?" He says confused.

"Erik's Jaguar cub. The one he was playing with."

"I sent the cub back with the other big cats. It's a wild—"

"Do you ever think that maybe the jaguar picked Erik?! Or do you just do rash things!"

"Watch your tone!"

You growl and Erik is scared you'll lash out. He rushes over to you and hugs your waist.

"Umama....it's okay..."

You look down at your son and know he's only saying that because he hates seeing you upset. You huff before picking your son up and storming out. Zuri sighs.
🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡💛🧡
You give T'Chaka and T'Challa blank looks before smiling at Ramonda and Zuri. The group has come over to your house. Erik is in his room, still upset over Uju but Scar, the black lion you adopted, comforts the young boy.