Court (M'Baku & T'Challa)

Alternate Universe
T'Challa looks at the picture of the woman who catches his eye. She has dreads, sides shaved, beautiful brown skin, and piercing black eyes. She is in the warrior clothing of the Jabari and sits tall and proud in the photo. He can feel the power radiating from the photo alone. What truly catches his eye (besides her) is the baby gorilla that sits by her foot.

"I want to meet her."

The council blinks in shock.

"Are you sure?" W'Kabi asks.

"Yes."

The council mumbles among themselves but two palace guards and two Dora are summoned to collect you.
🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾
T'Challa is nervous. You are to arrive today.

"My king."

T'Challa looks up and salutes to the Dora who stand to the side, the palace guards also saluting before moving to reveal you.

You are breathtaking in person. You are in a black jumpsuit, a grey robe with fur on the hem trails behind you as it pools in your arms. Your dreads are pulled back and you wear black boots. Your jewellery is simple—a grey choker around your neck and silver hoop earrings. You wear no makeup and T'Challa thinks he sees a tattoo peeking out from your arm.

"My king," you say, voice soft yet comforting.

"Warrior Akinyemi."

"Akinyemi is Fine my king."

"T'Challa then."

"May I speak freely my—T'Challa?"

"Yes. You are always free to speak."

"I am surprised you picked me of all the Jabari women. The elders were certain I would and I quote "cause the king to become softer than a spoiled berry" with my picture."

It clicks in what the elders meant and T'Challa frowns.

"Never. In fact, i didn't even look at any of the other pictures after seeing yours."

You smile and T'Challa finds himself falling in love.

"Come, let me show you around the palace."

"May I leave my robe? It is quite warm."

"Of course."

T'Challa tells a servant to place your robe in your room and you take the king's arm as you two walk off.
❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️🐾❄️
T'Challa learns you are more than just a pretty face: you are intelligent and well versed in various topics. He also learns you have the blessed gift of magic and have mastered the gift. You also love animals and befriend the jaguar cub that doesn't like anyone.

Currently, T'Challa is leading you into Shuri's lab. You still have the cub, who you affectionately nickname Kill, on your shoulder.

"This is my sister, Shuri. Head of all the technology and science advancements in wakanda. Shuri, Akinyemi, warrior of the Jabari."

"Hello," you say softly as Kill jumps on the table.

"Hello! What do you think of technology?"

"Shuri..."

"It's fine T'Challa. My people don't have the best rep when it comes to technology however, I like it. I think it's not killing tradition as long as there is a time and place for it. I don't believe temples should have much technology but if technology can help cure a sickness I don't see why it can't be used or welcomed."