41: it always ends in a fight

Roaming the streets of Romania wasn't really how you had planned on spending your Saturday, but that's exactly what you are doing

"I doubt he'll be out, Steve. But I'll call you if I do," you say into your phones speaker.

"Just be careful, (y/n)..."

It's been two years since the events of Washington DC took place. Since then, Steve has asked you to help with the search of his friend, Bucky.

You're not sure what to do, you really just want to walk and take in the scenery.

You walk up to a fruit stand, looking around for something sweet. And that's when you see him.

"Bucky?" You whisper.

He looks up, and quickly looks to his left, right at you.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm a friend of Steve Rogers'.. Do you have somewhere that we can talk?"

He finishes up his shopping, which consists of mainly plums.

You follow him down the streets to a building of run down apartments.

"Is this where you live?"

Bucky doesn't speak as he starts his walk up the stairs.

His apartment is small. There's a table in the corner, and a mattress laying on the floor with a single pillow and blanket.

"Steve?" You say, seeing him in his suit standing by the refrigerator.

"Do you know me?" Steve asks Bucky.

"You're Steve, I read about you in a museum," Bucky replies.

Sams voice comes through the radio piece in your ear. "Heads up, German special forces approaching from the south.."

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But I know you're lying." Steve continues the talk.

"I wasn't in Vienna, I don't do that anymore."

Steve frowns. "Well the people who think you did are coming here now. And they aren't planning on taking you alive."

Bucky chuckles. "That's smart. Good strategy."

You can hear the cops outside the door. "Um, can you two finish this later? We're about the be attacked..."

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.." Steve sighs.

"It always ends in a fight.."

Part 2 soonish? 🤔
Also, thank you for 19k reads! This is actually insane that my writing could get that many reads 😩

-ry ❤️

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And if you want me to write you a request, then comment or pm me what you would like for me to write! 😛