147: Milk Run

Idea from unofficalargent

Sebastian mutters grumpily to himself as he grabs a gallon of four dollar milk. The bowl of corn flakes that's sitting out on his kitchen counter is lacking just that. So Sebastian is standing in the middle of the deserted grocery store at 2 AM.

He's barely seen anyone, other than the occasional worker. But that doesn't bother him, he just wants his milk so he can get back home.

And that's when he hears her.

"Oh the weather outside it frightful, but the fire is so delightful and since we've no place to go... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

The singing is faint, almost as if it's coming from the sound system of the store.

Sebastian follows the sound of the angelic voice and finds a woman in scrubs, a basket handing from her arm with a few items inside.

"When finally kiss goodnight, how I'll hate going out in the storm.."

She's swaying back and forth as she looks for the right item.

Sebastian starts down the aisle she's on and stops, pretending to look at some items down the row from here.

She doesn't seem to notice him, though. She keeps singing to herself.

"But if you really hold me tight... all the way home I'll be warm."

Sebastian turns to face her, when his hand hits a jar of peanut butter, sending it to the floor.

The woman yelps, the sound scaring her.

"Shit, sorry..."

"You really know how to get a girl's attention, huh?" she chuckles.

Sebastian finally gets a good look at her. There's dark circles under her eyes that show how rough a night she's had.

"Just getting off a shift?" Sebastian tried to make small talk.

"Yeah... I work in the NICU, so I'm glad to get the few items I need and get home..."

"Oh, well don't let me stop you... have a good night.." he says, walking away.

"Hey!" The woman stops him. "How about we get a cup of coffee or something?"

She pulls a pen out of her scrub pocket and motions for Sebastian to come towards her. She grabs his wrist and writes her name and number before putting the cap back onto the pen and clipping it on her shirt.

"Sure...(y/n)," he reads the name off his wrist. "Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to sing... that was lovely."

(Y/n)'s cheeks grow red. "Thanks but im not good."

"Yeah, yeah. So I'll call you?"

"Yeah... Sounds good."

I've finished finals so I can finally update

-ry