72: girl at the front desk

my sister told me to write this one :)

"Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know." Sam tells Steve. Steve replies with a simple, "Okay" before getting into the car with the redhead.

***

It's been a while since Sam has stepped foot into that building. The building where he helped so many people who were just like him. 

"Hey..." he smiles at you. 

You've worked there for a long while now. You loved working at the front desk, seeing all the people come in miserable, and walking out a new person. 

"Sam! It's been a while!" you smile back. 

"How are you, (y/n)?" he asks. 

You shrug, "Still working here, so, you know." 

Sam chuckles. 

The two of you sit in silence for a few moments before the bell rings, signifying that someone has opened the door. 

You turn your head to see a man with semi-long hair wearing a ball cap on top of it walking towards you. 

"Um, Steve needs you..apparently.." he softly speaks.

Sam groans and pushes back the man, leaving the building. 

"Hi," you smile at him. 

He finally looks up, letting you see his features.

"Um, hello." 

You stare at him for a quick moment. "You look so familiar?"

The fear flashes in his eyes after your statement. 

You stumble over your words, trying to call him. "I just meant that I think we've might've met before... I'm sorry to scare you." 

He softly smiles.

"You're James, right? James Barnes."

"Bucky.." 

You smile again. "Hello, Bucky. I'm (y/n)."

He smiles at you. 

The bell rings again, and Sam walks back up. 

"Let's go." he tells Bucky. "Cap needs us." 

Bucky nods, and Sam leaves once again. 

"Come back, sometime.." you say. "I'd like to talk some more, if you'd like."

Bucky nods, and smiles once more before leaving.

part two?

-ry

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And please, please, please leave some requests in the comments! I'm honestly running out of ideas, and I need some help :)