141: Salsa (no, not the food)

Request : The reader is a professional salsa dancer and she and Bucky are dating. He and the other avengers got to see her perform. Also, the reader is Hispanic and she is an avenger as well. She has the same powers as Susan Storm from the Fantastic Four.

"Can we wrap this up, I've got a performance tonight...." you say, dodging an attack from a bad guy.

"We're working on it!" Steve tells you.

"A performance?" Bucky asks.

"Yeah, but no Avengers allowed. Other than myself of course."

****

You finish your makeup while the stylist does your hair.

Salsa dancing is like a second nature to you. You were born in Cuba and moved to the United States at a very young age. When your parents found out about your mutant powers, they knew you would never survive in Cuba. So, they did what was best for you and sent you away to live with your aunt and uncle in Brooklyn, New York. You wanted to keep in touch with your roots, so you asked your aunt to give you dancing lessons. It felt like you were a natural at it. You performed in pageants and recitals all over New York. Until the accident. During one of your performances, you started to turn invisible. Part by part, you disappeared from your partner, but he could still feel you there. The crowd gasped in shock and you ran. No one could find you. You didn't know how to change back. Later on that night after aimlessly wandering through the streets of New York City. A SHIELD agent found you hiding in an alleyway, your body slowly reappearing back to its normal self. Since then, SHIELD has helped you control your powers and you haven't seen your family since.

But then you joined the Avengers. Tony and Steve took you in and they became your new family. And when you met Bucky, it was like you were whole again. You didn't want that feeling to stop.

After hiding your love for dancing for years, you finally got back into the swing of it. You started performing again, but you never let your friends come see you. You didn't want another accident to happen again.

Your partner comes in, giving you a quick peck on the cheek before sitting down in the stylist's chair next to you.

"You didn't tell me your boyfriend would be here. I would like to officially meet him.." he says.

"James is here? I'm going to kill him."

"Is it a problem?"

"No! He just said that he was going to be bush tonight." You lie.

The stylist starts working on your partner's hair and before you know it, it's time for your performance. It's the final battle. This is your last shot at winning the dance competition. You want this more than anything. And then you are going to announce your retirement from dancing. You want to teach kids how to dance, to keep the tradition of salsa dancing alive.

The performance sails by. It was like a flash of lightning. One minute the music starts and the next thing you know, the trophy is being handed to you.

"(Y/n) that was amazing!"

You turn around to see Bucky standing behind you, a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"I love you so much." You rush to him.

He kisses your forehead. "I love you, too..."

"I want to teach kids how to dance... This was my last performance.."

"And I will do everything in my being to help you fulfill your dream... We bought you a studio."

"What?"

"It's yours... No need to thank me.. As long as Morgan gets free lessons." Tony laughs.

You wrap your arms around him. "Of course... not that it would put a dent in your wallet."

Sorry it's taken me so long to update :(
-ry