114: it's been so long

Request: Can you do one where Bucky and the main character were lovers before he turned into the Winter Soldier and the request is basically where they meet for the first time since he's gone back to being Bucky?

italics means flashbacks :)

"(y/n), there's something you need to see. I have a surprise for you," your bestfriend, Steve, tells you.

You follow him to the living space, and your jaw drops when you see the "surprise".

"Bucky?"

****

It was the last night before your boyfriend, Bucky, along with the rest of the Howling Commandos set out to find Zola and the Red Skull.

"I'll be find, doll... Don't worry about me..."

"You know me, Barnes... That's not an option."

Bucky smiles before kissing your forehead.

"I love you, (y/n)."

"And I love you, Bucky.."

****

After that tragic day, you were distraught. You thought you'd never be happy again, that is until Steve proposed you went through the super soldier program. They needed to test it out on a woman, and you offered to be the test dummy.

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asks for the millionth time.

"I'm sure. If this doesn't work, I'll be with James again."

The serum worked, but you were still depressed. And then Steve died.

Agent Carter offered for you to join SHIELD, and you accepted.

Years later, Hydra sent out their biggest weapon to destroy SHIELD, The Winter Soldier.

When you made eye contact with him, you felt your stomach drop.

You lost many good agents that day.

"I swear, Peggy, it's James!"

"(Y/n), that's not possible. We're going to have to ask you to step down as a SHIELD agent."

******

Luckily for you, Howard Stark took pity on you, and cared for you for many years. That is until he was murdered by the Winter Soldier.

No one believed you when you said that you knew the true identity of the soldier.

Tony Stark took you in after the tragic death of your friends, his parents. You've lived with him ever since, and now you live in the Avengers facility.

When the Avengers were assembled, you were ecstatic when you saw Steve.

You've had lots of time to catch up with him.

And now he's brought you the love of your life.

"Bucky?"

Bucky turns towards you, and a smile grows on his face.

"Hey, doll..."

You run to him, wrapping your arms around him.

"It's been so long..." you cry.

"I know.. I'm sorry... But I couldn't trust myself, around anyone."

"I love you, James."

"And I love you, (y/n)."

this was shorter than i wanted it, but it turned out pretty cute
TWO UPDATES IN ONE WEEK WOW
-ry

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!