46: The Party

"You made it!" Tony smiles, giving you a hug.

You laugh nervously. "Is he here?"

Tony nods and points  to one of the pool tables over in the corner. "He's playing a round with Sam."

***

"Steve, are you  sure you want to do this?" You ask your brother.

"I don't like just sitting around and not being able to do anything about the war.."

"You're going to be killed out there!"

"Then I'll die serving my country. Don't worry, I'll be back. I love you."

***

After a couple hours of being at the party, Tony has introduced you to many of the people on the Avengers team. But Tony is only concerned about Steve.

"Are you going to talk to him?" He asks you.

"Yeah, I think so... I guess here goes nothing..."

You push through the crowd, trying to find your brother.

"Come on, Cap! I know you are a better shot than that!"

You hear someone laugh, that familiar laugh. One that you haven't heard in many, many years. But it wasn't Steve's.

***

"I don't want you to go.." you cried.

"I know, doll.. I'll come back for you."

"You better, James."

***

You decide that it's now, or never.

Walking up seemed easy, but once you tapped on his shoulder, your heart started to pound.

"Steve?" You say.

He turns around, a confused look on his face. "You sound just like my lit-"

He stops when his eyes meet yours. "(Y/n)?"

"Hiya, Stevie..."

Part three?

-ry ❤️

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And don't hesitate to ask for a request! Or just give me some ideas! 😛