121: baby barnes

Idea from @sebbyxmarvelxedits

You look around you at the pregnancy tests that are spread out on the bathroom counter

There are a few tears rolling down your face; you can't decide if they're from happiness or fear.

You've been dating Bucky for a couple years now. But you never thought about having kids. You didn't even know if Bucky wanted kids.

Bucky is on his way home from a mission with Steve and Sam. You don't know when to tell him that you are going to be having his child.

You hear the door to your apartment shut, and you quickly grab the tests to hide them.

"(Y/n)?" Bucky calls.

You walk to the living area, your face now showing a smile.

"I've missed you.."

You grin at him. "I missed you too. How did it go?"

Bucky shrugs. "It was fine, I guess. We did what we were supposed to do, so that's good."

You pull him over to the couch, and the two of you sit down.

"We need to talk..." you say.

Bucky frowns. "Are you okay?"

"I think so," you pause for a moment, trying to gather your thoughts before speaking again. "I've been feeling pretty sick this past week while you were gone. I thought it was just my nerves. But then I realized that my period was late. Knowing that, I took some tests..."

Bucky nods slowly. "And?"

"I'm pregnant, James."

"You're what?"

"We're going to have a baby!" You smile.

Bucky sees your smile, which automatically puts a smile on his face.

"I'm so excited to start a family with you, (y/nn)."

"And I with you. I love you so much, James."

"I love you, and you too, little one."

I hope this was okay :)
-ry 💚