123: Drunken Words

Request: best friends to lovers

Requested by : @zoe1108

—————————

You've known Sebastian for years. Since he moved to America, in fact. You were his first friend, and you've been inseparable ever since the day he accidentally knocked you over in the hallway.

You were twelve then, and now you're about to turn thirty-seven. Twenty-five years of friendship later, the connection is still there, never dulling for a moment. 

Your friendship did, however, go through some rough times. Like when Sebastian leaves for a long time to film... and some relationships. He never really got along with your boyfriends... And as much as you tried to like his girlfriends, something felt so wrong about them. Like they weren't right for him. 

Things have changed these past couple of years. Your feelings for Sebastian kept growing and growing. And now, they're to the point of combustion. You want to tell him, so badly, but you don't want to ruin the one thing you've managed to keep healthy in your life. 

But you love him.

That's it. That's what the feeling is.. love.

But you don't think Sebastian could ever love you back. He couldn't love you as much as you love him. And that kills you. 

You've accepted the fact that you'll never find another love like this. You've accepted that you will never be with the one you really want. You will never, ever be with Sebastian. 

However, Sebastian has other plans.

You see, you're birthday is just around the corner. And your best friend has a little something up his sleeve. 

He's taking you to the premiere for Avengers:Endgame. [your birthday might not be around this time, just pretend lol]  Not as a date, he would never admit that. But secretly, he wanted you. He wanted to take you out, love you... Give you everything you ever want or need. He wants to scream to the world that you are his and he is yours. 

But he doesn't want to ruin the thing he's managed to keep healthy. He doesn't want to throw twenty-five years out the window. He wants to keep everything perfect.

He's accepted the face that he'll never find another love like this. He's accepted that he will never be with the one that he really wants. He will never, ever be with his best friend. And that kills him.  

"(Y/N). Let's go, we can't be late!" Sebastian tells you. 

He looks really good tonight. His blue suit matches his eyes perfectly. He bought you a new dress, as a birthday gift, which matches the suit as well. 

You step into your living room where Sebastian is waiting. 

"Woah..." he says. "You look beautiful, (y/nn)."

You smile, feeling your cheeks grow red. "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." 

~~~~~~~~~

The ride to the premiere didn't take too long, but the awkward silence didn't make anything better. 

Once the car stops, someone opens the door, and Sebastian slides out first. He then reaches his hand back into the car to help you get out. He holds your hand for a while, up until you reach some of the fans. 

Sebastian smiles and waves and signs some things for the fans while the two of you make your way to the red carpet, where photographers are waiting to take photos.

"I'll wait over here for you to get finished..." you tell him,

He frowns. "Come with me... and take a few pictures."