169: The Soldier and the Girl

They've started wiping his memory more often

It's only because He wants to speak with the woman in the cell next to his.

The connection has grown stronger with each passing day. And every day, he learns something new about her.

It's nice for the solider. Even though the bad men have tried to make him forget, he remembers every detail about the mystery woman.

He doesn't understand his emotions towards her. He doesn't know why he feels his heart race when she speaks.

And now he knows that he has to get them both out of here.

He takes the next couple days to make his plans, trying not to make the bad men wipe his memories. He doesn't speak to the girl, which earns him some trust from the guards.

The soldier knows when they switch guards. He's studied their pattern. He knows when to make the move.

Once he hears the doors close, he starts the escape. He quickly picks the lock on his cell and rushes over to the one next to him. And he finally gets a good look at the girl. The girl who can't leave his mind.

He rips the door open and tells her to follow him.

"I'll keep you safe," the words feel so foreign to the soldier. He had forgotten what it was like to be a hero. He only knows destruction.

"Thank you.." the girl whispers.

She grabs his hand as he pulls her through the facility they are being kept at.

"When I say to... run like hell."

The girl nods shakily.

"Now."

The two of them run like their lives depended on it. And they do. Both of them know that they could be dead in seconds.

"We're not going to make it!" The girl yells.

*****

It's been two weeks. And the soldier and the girl are in hiding. They somehow made their way to Romania and are laying low in the city.

"James..." (y/n) says. "We need some food."

"I'll head down to the market..."

(Y/n) has finally found out what the soldier's name is. To be honest, she knew what his name was the minute she saw his face. He was none other than James "Bucky" Barnes. The soldier who gave his life helping Captain America.

A few minutes later, she hears a footstep in the room.

"Who's here?" She asks. "You're not James."

She turns around to see Steve Rogers in his Captain America suit.

"I'm here for Bucky..."

"He's safe here, you know..."

"No, he's not. This isn't going to end well."

"Of course it won't."

Sorry it's taken me so long to update
-ry