68: Ghost of You

I wanted to try another song imagine! :) (((sorry had to add the music)))

Song: Ghost of You - 5 Seconds of Summer

~Here I am, waking up, still can't sleep on your side. There's your coffee cup, the lipstick stain fades with time~

Bucky rolls over in bed, feeling the cold empty side where you used to sleep. It's been weeks. He misses you. 

He lazily gets out of bed, not bothering to fix the blankets before heading down to get some coffee from the kitchen.

Pouring some into a mug, he glances over to the sink. Your old, white coffee mug is sitting in it, still unwashed after all this time. 

You leaned against the counter, mug in your hand. You watch Bucky as he makes breakfast. You smile, putting the mug up to your lips. You never paid much attention to how much lipstick you actually left on the mug, the coffee just tastes so good. 

The day you left, well, it was unexpected. You couldn't take much more of the lifestyle. You wanted to be free, not locked up in the safe house the two of you stayed in. 

Bucky sets his mug down, tears filling his eyes. He misses you, more that he'd like to admit, more that you'll ever know.

~And I chase it down, with this shot of truth, dancing through our house with the ghost of you~

Bucky sits at the bar, bottle of vodka in hand, pouring yet another shot. He's lost count at this point. It's just to numb the pain. He lost feeling a few shots ago, but he can't stop himself. He wants to forget.

The radio is playing in the background, each song painfully reminding him of you. 

You had a hairbrush in your hand, singing along to whatever song was on at the time. Bucky chuckles at the sight of you, sliding around in your socks, wearing his t-shirt. 

"I love you," he says. You stop, wide-eyed. It was the first time he told you.

You smile before replying, "I love you too, Buck." 

Bucky just pours another shot.

~Cleaning up today, found that old Zeppelin shirt~

He finally feels like moving your stuff. You left everything, and dropped off the face of the earth. 

He's numb today, the feeling soothing to the usual feeling of hurt. 

He pulls out a shirt, the one you wore the day you met. 

Walking down the streets of Bucharest, Bucky keeps his hat down low, making sure no one can see his face. He's not paying much attention, when he runs into someone. 

"Sorry..." he mumbles, holding out his hand to help. This feeling is very unfamiliar, wanting to help instead of hurt. 

"It's no problem, just ruined my shirt..." the female voice replies. 

"I'll replace that... Um, I think I have a shirt at my place..." He doesn't know what he's saying. He's too caught up staring at the beautiful girl in front of him. 

"Thanks..." she smiles. "But I want that shirt back... I love my Led Zeppelin shirt."

Bucky laughs, not knowing who Led Zeppelin is, but wants to impress the girl. 

He hasn't listened to that band in a long time. Maybe it's for the best, to forget. 

~So I drown it out like I always do, Dancing through our house with the ghost of you, And I chase it down, with this shot of truth, That my feet don't dance like they did with you  

Bucky blocks out the sound of the party going on behind him after his first drink. He keeps asking for more, even though he knows the bartender will cut him off soon. 

"Buck, come on, have some fun for once..." Steve says, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder. 

Bucky shakes his head, taking another sip. 

"You can't run forever..." Sam says.

Steve sighs. "I'm going to regret saying this, but she's here you know... The one you always talk about, (y/n) is it?"

Bucky feels the tears stinging his eyes. He can't go through that again. The heartache, the pain. He doesn't want to get involved, but he just misses you so damn much. He's so in love. So are you. 

He turns around, wobbling a little when he stands from the stool. His eyes glance over the room, stopping when they meet yours. 

He straightens up, taking a small step towards you. The fear of rejection clear on his face as he keeps walking. 

When he finally reaches you, you don't hesitate. You grab his face, pressing your lips to his.

"I'm sorry..." you say. "I shouldn't have left. But I found the Avengers... Well, they found me, I guess. I like it here. Where we don't have to hide. I don't want to leave."

Bucky smiles. "I don't want to either..." 

I'm so proud of this... I actually cried while writing this,,, fun.

-ry

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And leave some requests in the comments!