96: the truth

Request: Can you write an imagine(a sad one) where seb and the reader were best friends for a long time, both liked each other but neither of them made a move until it was too late? Then seb finally admits that he should've told her sooner when he visits her grave..?

High school. The time that most teenagers hate in their sad lives. But not for Sebastian and (y/n).

The two of them met when Sebastian first moved to the United States. It was like the universe wanted them to be together, literally. They crashed into each other while running to their first class of the day.

Over time, the two of them developed feelings, like some friends do. But neither of them acted upon it. They didn't want to ruin what they had, so they kept it to themselves.

The last day they saw each other for a long, long time was high school graduation.

Sebastian was going to England to study for a while, and (y/n) decided she was going across the country to her dream school.

Now, almost 20 years later, they meet again. But on different terms.

(y/n) is dying. Quickly. They told her with the condition she would have 6 months, at most. Now, they are saying she has two weeks.

"Hey, seb," you sigh, staring into the eyes of the love of your life.

"This sucks..." he says, tears threatening to spill.

"I know, but it's okay," you tell him. "I've come to terms with it. I knew that it would happen one day..."

***

Sebastian sits on the grass, staring at the stone in front of him.

"I should've told you, (y/nn)," he cries. "I should've told you that I love you. Cause I do. I always have. But it's too late."

He stands, wiping his eyes. He lays his hand on the cool stone, and takes one more good look.

The grave is still fresh, the grass barely starting to grow over the dirt.

Sebastian walks away, feeling guilty of not being there when you really needed him. For not telling you the truth.

And he'll never know that you felt the same way.

This was sad and now I'm sad

-ry ❤️

Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think! And leave some requests or ideas in the comments or pm them to me! Anything helps! 😛