155: The Call(s)

Part four of the serum, not so sweet escape and finding love

"I'm sorry that we're dragging him into all of this, (y/n)..." Steve says over the phone.

"I know. Just bring him back in one piece," you reply.

They are in Germany right now. And you're stuck in Washington, DC. You're at your apartment, waiting around for them to get back. You quit your job after everything with your father.

You don't know if you trust yourself anymore. After blowing that door off the hinges, you don't know your own strength. Bucky has been a big help, though. The two of you are kind of helping each other out with internal struggles.

You had never planned to fall for the man, but you did. And after that night together a couple days ago, you are falling hard. You've never felt like this before and you don't know how to keep in together. It's like you can't control yourself around him.

You decide to take a short nap to pass the time. Once you wake up, you see that the short nap turned into a long one. There are multiple missed calls and texts from Steve.

You dial his number and try calling back, but there's no luck. It went straight to voicemail.

You start to get nervous. There's no way that you can fly to Germany in time to help them. All you can do is wait it out.

*****

It's been weeks. And you still haven't heard anything from Steve, Sam or Bucky.

And that's when your phone rings.

"Hello?" you answer.

"(y/n)?"

"Oh my god, Steve. I thought you guys were dead."

"It's not good, (y/nn). We got into it with Tony and now we're on the run."

"Can I talk to Bucky?" you ask.

"About that... He's safe, but not with us. He made the decision himself, by the way. He's with a friend. He's trying to get better. They're trying to reverse everything that HYDRA did to him... I'm sorry."

There are tears filling in your eyes. "So, he's not coming back, huh?"

"I don't really know.. Listen, I've got to go... I'll try calling you soon, okay? And maybe I can take you to him... I'm really sorry, (Y/N)."

And with that, he hangs up, leaving you speechless. You take it upon yourself to find out what happened.

"Anthony Edward Stark! You better explain yourself," you angrily yell into your phone.

You met Tony a while back when he visited Steve at his apartment in DC. Steve gave you Tony's number for emergencies.

"Hello, (y/n). If you're wondering about your boyfriend and his boyfriend... I don't know where they are. Someone broke everyone out of prison. I'm pretty sure it was Cap. So, if you'd like to help me, I want to find them. They need to obey the law. Rogers should know that."

"You know what, Tony? Steve did what he thought was right and he's not at fault for what happened. Well, maybe the breaking everyone out of prison part. But you had no right to fight them like that. Steve said you two got into it. I don't know the extent of it and I'm not sure I want to. I regret calling you because all you're going to do is trash the man I love."

Tony scoffs on the other line. "He killed my parents, (y/n)."

Your jaw drops, like Tony can see what you're going.

"He... what?"

"Well, I guess you could argue that the Winter Soldier killed them..."

"Tony... I'm so sorry. But you have to understand that he couldn't control himself.."

"I realize that now. I'm sorry about everything that happened, (y/n). I really am."

The two of you hang up and you try to decide what to do. There's no way that you can figure out how to find Bucky on your own, so you're just going to have to wait for Steve to call again.

I'll do one more part for the ending of this❤️

-ry