168: Voices

The man formally known as Sergeant James Barnes is dead; his new self is the Winter Solider.

The Winter Soldier doesn't have emotions...or so he thought.

He knows they do something bad to him, often. He finds himself hooked up to a machine that comes down over his face, making it hard for him to breathe. He knows it makes his head hurt. He knows that the nightmares come back when he closes his eyes.

One night, everything changed. When he heard the small voice cry out in the night. A female voice, he noted to himself.

She was taken from her home. A home she may never see again.

The man was curious. And even though the machine made him forget a lot of things, her cries wouldn't get out of his head.

He doesn't know why, but he feels some sort of connection between him and the woman he hasn't seen.

Her cries grow louder with every nightfall. She screams out in the dark, begging for someone to come help.

"Can anyone hear me?" She finally speaks. "I want to go home, you bastards! Let me go!"

"It won't help.." the Winter Soldier speaks.

"Who's there?" She calls.

"I don't know."

"You don't know? What do you-"

"Quiet!" A guard yells.

"My names (y/n)."

The man knows he won't forget her name, even when the machine wipes all his thoughts. Even when they train him and beat him until submission, he can't forget her voice.

Is this good enough for a second part????

-ry