156: Finding Bucky

Finale to the Bucky series (the serum, not so sweet escape, and finding love)

A few weeks after your call with Steve, he finally reaches out again.

"I can't talk long. Go to this address on Saturday at 11 AM. Don't be late."

Those two sentences are running through your mind as you read the address over and over again.

The address is in DC but you don't know what's there. You know that it's in the middle of a quiet neighborhood, but you don't know of anyone who lives around the area.

You prepare yourself for not being home for a while and talk to your landlord about not being able to pay rent. You claim that it's a family emergency, so she let you off the hook.

Finally, Saturday rolls around and you make your way to the neighborhood. You ask a neighbor for a ride, saying your car wasn't running and they happily tell you they'd take you to your friend's house. You feel bad for lying to the old lady, but Bucky was more important than anything to you.

You thank the lady for the ride and give her some money to buy lunch or something as payment for the ride.

You see the house with the street number you're supposed to be at has a mailbox that says "Wilson" on it, so you assume that it's Sam's place.

You check your phone for the time and it's 11 o'clock. You don't know if you are supposed to go inside or not until you see the front door slowly open.

"Steve..." you breathe out. You walk up to the door and Steve quickly pulls you inside.

"I'm so sorry that everything is going this way."

"It's not your fault," you tell him. "But where is Bucky?"

"He's in a country called Wakanda. He's safe, and they're trying to help him."

"Can you take me to him?"

*********

The trip to Wakanda seemed to take forever. You blame it on your impatience to see Bucky.

You still can't explain how he makes you feel. You feel so safe with him, something that you haven't felt in a long time. After finding out that your father was part of HYDRA, you didn't think you could trust anyone anymore. Other than Steve, he helped restore your faith in the world. But when you met Bucky, everything changed. It was like you saw the world in a different light.

"We can't stay... But T'Challa said he will help you in any way he can. He will meet you at the border... Be safe, and thank you for being here for Bucky... I know you're not doing it for me, but thank you anyways. We'll try to contact you as soon as we can."

Sam lands the jet and they let you out and walk to the border before taking off again.

"I assume that you are (y/n)?"

"That would be me..." you answer.

"Follow me."

Wakanda is a beautiful place and you are happy that you can experience the beauty of it. But all that's on your mind is Bucky. (honestly a mood)

You follow T'Challa and his guards down to a small village with a decent sized farm.

And there he is... moving bales of hay and loading them in a cart.

"Thank you for doing this..." you tell T'Challa.

"My pleasure."

You want to run to him, but you also don't want to make a fool of yourself in front of a king, so you slowly make your way down the hill to Bucky.

"Buck..." you say loud enough for him to hear.

Bucky looks towards you and drops the hay that was in his hand.

"(Y/n)? What-"

"Steve helped me get here."

You quickly rush over to him and wrap your arms around him.

"I missed you..." you say, your voice cracking a little.

"I missed you, too, doll. I'm never leaving you again, okay?"

You grin, reaching up to press your lips against his.

"You better not, Barnes. I'm holding you to it."

Was this a good ending? Idk
ALSO I need requests! So if you have one, comment or pm me!
-ry