140:The Past is in the Past

reader had a panic attack when having a run-in with an abusive ex and Bucky comforts them and just tons of fluff
Requested by toriv9

*possibly triggering*

It feels like any other day. You and Bucky decided to go out and get some groceries for your shared apartment. The outdoor market is busy today, many people are rushing through, trying to find their goods and go.

You wait for Bucky to finish paying for the vegetables when you spot him.

You can't believe your eyes. It can't be him. There's no way it can be him.

The pain you once faced all comes rushing back. The bruises, the blood, the tears, everything. It's all like a slap to the face.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

Your face is pale as all the color drained from it. You can't breathe; it feels like your throat closed. Your mouth is dry, you can't speak. Your head feels heavy on your shoulders.

"(Y/n)?"

You feel a hand on your wrist, and you scream out. Passerby's eyes watch you as you scream at your boyfriend.

"(Y/n)! It's me, it's Bucky."

He picks you up and gets you away from the crowd.

"Breathe in... and out." Bucky tries to console you. "Just breathe, baby. Ground yourself. You're fine, I'm here."

You finally catch your breath, but when you speak, your voice is trembling.

"I'm sorry... I saw someone. Him. All the memories came rushing back. I felt every punch he ever threw at me. I felt everything. It was like it was happening all over again."

"Let's go home, yeah?"

You slowly nod, wanting to get away from everything.

When you get home, Bucky helps you into a hot bath and he gives you one of his sweaters to wear after you get out. He plays with your hair as you lay in his lap, your eyes feeling heavier by the second.

"Take a nap, I'll be here when you wake."

This was the last request I had saved! Comment some ideas or pm them to me ❤️
-ry