172: Babies

request: (summarized) an accident in the lab causes strange things to happen with Bucky and the reader 👀

"Stop, Buck..." you giggle. You're trying to fix a kink in the mechanics of his new arm, one that you helped create. Your boyfriend keeps grabbing your waist with his free hand, pulling you closer to him.

Bucky does it again, this time causing you to drop the tool you were working with.

"I'm about to take the arm away from you... Don't test me, James."

Bucky laughs. "You're cute when you're mad..."

You roll your eyes as you pick up the tool that was on the ground.

On the other side of the room, your father is helping Bruce with an experiment.

"They're disgustingly adorable," your father says.

"To be young and in love again..." Bruce says. "Now, focus, Stark."

Tony turns around to face Bruce, and bumps into his arm. They both watch in horror as the test tube with the purple liquid falls and shatters on the ground. They're both quick enough to run from the fumes and grab masks, but forget that there are two other people with them in the room.

After the smoke clears, you and Bucky are no where to be seen.

"Did you turn them invisible?" Tony asks.

"This formula is supposed to help quickly heal wounds... I don't know what happened..."

A cry calls out from behind a table with another cry following.

"Was that a baby?" Bruce asks.

"Did you turn them into babies?!"

They rush over to the table, and sure enough, find two babies sitting next to each other.

"Oh my god." Tony says. "We're gonna need some backup."

*****

"Tony, what happened? You said it was an emergency..." Steve rushes into the lab.

Tony turns around, revealing a baby (y/n) and Bucky in his arms.

"What did you do?"

"Technically, it wasn't my fault.. It was Bruce's serum."

"But Tony caused me to drop it..."

"So you called me in here to what?"

"We need a babysitter..."

Steve sighs before holding his hands out for Tony to hand him the two babies.

*****

It's been two days since the incident that turned Bucky and (y/n) into babies.

"I think we've done it.." Tony says when he enters the room where Steve is watching the two kids.

Tony freezes when he sees (y/n) stand up and waddle over to him. Tears fill his eyes when she reaches up and tugs on the end of his shirt.

"You okay?" Steve asks, holding the tired baby Bucky.

Tony picks up the baby. "Y-yeah... I adopted (y/n) when she was 5. I never got to see her first steps or-"

Tony is cut off by the baby babbling.

"Dada.."

"Or her first words.. I'm just a little emotional... but I want my adult daughter back.. I don't think I can handle a baby again," he laughs.

He and Steve take the babies to the lab, where Bruce is ready to give them the new serum.

"You'll probably have to force them to take the liquid... but here you go.." Bruce says, and gives Tony and Steve little cups full of the serum.

They give the babies the serum and wait for the results.

"Why am I wearing a diaper?" Bucky asks.

"Long story..." Tony says.

"Thanks for not leaving us as babies.." you laugh.

This was a little longer than I thought it would be ... hope you like it ❤️

-ry