167: New Lovers

Part two of Old Friends

Since both of you have been so busy, you and Sebastian keep pushing your date off. It's now to the point where you think you are better off as friends.

"I'll make it up to you, (y/nn). I promise," Sebastian pleads for another rain check.

"I don't know, Sebby... It feels like the universe is telling us we shouldn't do this. Every time we set a date, one of us has to change it. Is it even worth it?"

"You don't think so?" Sebastian asks. "I have loved you for so long. I hid my feelings from you and I have regretted it everyday since graduation. I've finally come forward and the woman I love doesn't even want to take a chance on me."

"One more try. And after that, I can't promise anything."

*****

It's finally Friday night. And neither you nor Sebastian had to cancel.

"I'm so happy this worked out tonight..." Sebastian says, taking your hand after leaving the restaurant the two of you just dined at.

"I am as well..."

"I'm just going to say it, (y/n)." Sebastian sighs. "I love you. You know that. And I'm hoping you feel the same way."

"I loved you so long ago, Sebastian. High school was a long time ago though..."

Sebastian frowns. "(Y/n)..."

"Wait... I've seen how hard you've tried to take me out on a date.. and the love came back for you. Sebastian, I am hopelessly in love with you."

A smile grows on Sebastian's face and he pulls you in for a kiss.

"I've waited to do that since sophomore year."

"Then why don't we do it again?"

Sorry for the wait... I'm stressed

-ry