king of gold

[As hard as I try to forget this fandom, I cant. It started my fan accs and made me comfortable sharing my creations whether it be my writings on here or tumblr or my artwork on insta. Hard to believe over 2 years ago I made this acc and started fanfiction. And it all started over this game, I'll forever be grateful♡
Enough sappy shit-]

[Royal AU: Louis Sinclaire was a young prince, heir to the royal throne when both his mother and father, The Queen and King respectively, were assasinated. At a young age. Louis was crowned King of Erickson and his duties were to look after the people and the lands. Some odd 11 ish years go by and a young adult King has grown worried for his kingdom. Did I also mention he has the Midas Touch?]

[Forgive me, I started this oneshot in 2020....its 2022, and after months of this being in drafts, I give up...]

18 years of life.
Some people would be over the moon estatic.
Others would yearn for the day of sweet release.
I was the latter.
I knew I was cursed, my father told me ever since I was a child.
"The world around you will forever be shaped by your touch."
At first the words were meaningless, until I learned what he meant.
When he and mother were killed that one night and I became king at age five,
I knew i was going to be a heavy burden in my later years
Growing up quick was no easy feat
Had to, it was the only way I had a chance to rule the lands of Erickson.
I appointed my best friends as knights.
I trusted them with my life.

"Madam Violet of Erickson, Sir Sim of Erickson, Madam Clementine of Erickson."

Violet was tempermental,
Finding the answers at the end of a blade.

Aasim was a pacifist,
Solving problems without bloodshed.

And then there was Clem,
A solid middle ground.

While I did have some friends become knights, I wouldn't forget my other friends and offer them royal lifesytles as well.

Ruby was the royal baker,
Best pies you'll ever taste this side of the plains.

Omar was the royal chef,
Savory meals to die for.

Mitch and Willy became ammunation experts,
Crafting new weapons and experimenting with explosives almost always.

Minerva and Sophie were appointed as guards to help patrol the civillians.

And Tenn and Rosie were appointed purely to keep my company.
As serious as I take my kingly duties,
It was nice to have an output for stress in the form of a cute puppy and a funny kid who would make your darkest days shine bright.

Without friends, what's the point of life?
-----
Grabbing the royal staff, now just a golden rod ordained with jewels of original colours I've long forgotten. They've been gold for the latter of my kingship, doesn't really matter to me what I wear or carry. All things my fingertips touch become the valuable golden metal my kingdom sought after for their ownselves. Men killing and robbing each own just for a mere decimal fraction of what I could create with my bare hands. Golden food, golden clothing, golden thrones, golden bed sheets. There's beauty and pain in such a lavish curse.

"My lord, people of Erickson have grown a bit rambunxious and groggy. They want help, financially-" I snapped my neck at the messanger.

"Then they should fix the issue. Grow more crops, sell them for more to the other settlements- why..why am I the bad guy here?" I sighed as I rubbed my forehead in frustration. "Give each home 100 gold coins."

"Sir, 100 coins is not nearly enough to sustain-" I snapped my fingers and Violet unsheathed her sword and pointed it at the man's throat. "100 coins, very gracious my lord." I nodded and tossed the messenger a bag of gold coins.

"Take it, distribute it. No questions asked." He nodded and left in a hurry as I got up from my golden throne.

"King Louis, do you suppose that lad has a point?" Sir Aasim asked me. "People are out there dying and starving."

"If I show mercy to the people, other settlements will mistake that for weakness and launch foul attacks against us. I cannot risk the bloodshed of war on this land."

"So you'd risk the unfortunate people of Erickson to perish by a demise you could've prevented?" Aasim raised and eyebrow at me and I simply looked to Violet for an answer. Madam Violet shrugged her shoulders and looked undeterred at which way the arguement could go.

"I am here to guard you and keep the civillians in line. I will follow your lead, King Louis." She spoke as she turned towards Aasim with a glare of sin in her eyes. "You should just follow King's orders, Aasim. One day, you'll be killed for objecting his words."

"What's done is done." I spoke, breaking the tension in the air. "Off with you two, go survey the walls or something." They both nodded and left in silence, the clanking of mentallic boots against golden stone flooring echoed until there was pure silence. I exhailed as I laid my face in my hands. "What am I gonna do?"
______

Hours of silence passed as I walked around my throne room, thinking about Aasim's words and Violet's undettered loyalty. I need advice, I need wisdom. I need to talk to Clementine. Just as I opened the golden doors, Ruby and Omar approached carting glorious foods and an assortment of baked goods.

"King Louis!" Ruby spoke in shock. "We were just delivering supper. Baked chicken with roasted potatoes and spices, fresh rolls glossed with butter, a challise of red wine, chocolate mousse cake and freshly picked grapes."

"Uh, thank you. Is it possible to have this, um, taken to the dinning hall? I have to call an important meeting with Madam Clementine and the other guards."

"Yes, yes, right away my lord." Omar bowed and they quickly rush off the food from my sights. I exhailed as I stared out the window of my throne room, looking out onto the lands of Erickson. "These people....what did I do to deserve to rule over them?"

"You were born, 'tis all." Minerva spoke out as she bent the knee to me. "My King, word has gone around town that an army is approaching. Calling themselves the "Delta Elites", sir, the townspeople are in manic." She took off her iron helm and stared at me with concern as fresh cuts and scars carved her face. "They don't want answers, they want blood."

"Where's Sophie?"

"The infirmary, a few townsfolks gathered some weapons from the castle and used them against us. She's alive but barely. Sir Aasim and Madam Violet arrested tbe traitors They will be hung by nightfall." I nodded.

"My apologizes for not keeping the people in line. I should've been more cautious about weapon trafficking and such, especially with the recent influx in crimes. My dearest condolenses for you and Sophie's wounds. May they heal promptly." She nodded. "Do you think this is worth the fight, the bloodshed? These "Delta Elites, what rumors have you heard of them?"

"Savage hunters from a land across a great sea. They come in search for violence to soothe their bloodlust. They'll pillage and kill whoever and whatever as long as it benefits them."

"I won't let them hurt my people."

"They already have." Minerva took out a small rolled parchment from within her armor. "Today's attackers were undercover recruits from the Delta Elites. They all have branding marks on their neck, something to the effect of a triangle on fire I believe."

"Are any of them awake? I need answers." Minerva shook her head.

"I doubt they're awake after Madame Clementine was done with them. Maybe they told her something?" I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "I can force them to speak, sir, if that's what you wish."

"Yes. Do what you must and report back to me."

"Yessir!" She saluted me and slid back on her helmet before leaving the room.

"A war we cannot win is approaching. Hmmm..." I grabbed a rolled up map from besides my throne and stared at it as it turned to gold before my eyes. "Bloody hell!" I swore as I held up the map to the sunlight, trying to make out the faint markings of new, unclaimed lands for settling. "I'm fucking tired of this curse!" I threw the map to the floor, a loud CLANK echoed in the empty room as I sank my head into the palms of my hands. "I have to talk to those traitors, maybe there's a way out of this shit."
______