city of wonder

[Afterlife AU]

You never realize how beautiful death is until you're dead. It's peaceful, also unrealistic.

An endless summer. The sky overhead painted with the most luxious oranges and reds. Soft, fluffy white clouds so perfectly drawn neatly in the sky. A lush green carpetting of grass on your toes, spreading into the everlasting canvas. It all seems too good to be true.

"Watched the kid for ya," I turned to find Louis's adorable smile as his dreads gently moved with the breeze. AJ was besides him holding his Disco Broccolli toy.

"I missed you, Clem." He smiled as he ran over to hug me. His hair was curly in his usual afro and his clothing was clean and neat. "Is Violet with you?"

"I don't think Violet will be with us," Louis sighed as he knelt besides AJ. "I-"

"Who says gays can't make it to paradise," Violet laughed as she hugged AJ. "Look at what I've got!" She held out a greasy bag fill of McDonalds chicken nuggets. "I've missed these sooooo much." I smiled as the blonde devoured her nuggets. Her age worn clothing looked brand new and clean, her hair was trimmed evenly and smelled of a fine lavendar soap. Her eyes once burned and hidden, now revealed and healed.

"Where's Tenn?," AJ tugged on my shirt. "I gotta give him his firefighter back."

A tall, tanned boy walked towards us. His hair was dark brown and curly. His eyes hid hints of golden honey underneath its dark tint. In a familiar blue long sleeved shirt and dark blue jeans named the person.

"Tenn," I smiled. A smile lit up his no longer scarred face.

"Long time no see," he looked at us. "AJ?" The small child walked over hugged Tenn. "I missed ya buddy."

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I was the reason you're here, I-"

"I get it. I screwed up, got people killed. But it's over now. We are finally in some place much better than Earth." 2 redheads appear from behind a large oak tree.

"Victory Violet," Minerva sweetly spoke. The blonde blushed lightly as she hugged her former lover.

"So free Sophie," Louis smiled as he hugged the long haired red head.

"So what do we do now," I asked as I stared at the happy "family" we all became.

"Hey sweetpea." His voice....it can't be him right? Against my better judgement, I turned to find him. This cannot be real. The man, the myth, the legend, Lee.

"Lee?" My eyes began to water as I step closer to him. Wearing a dark blue button up t-shirt and a long sleeved white shirt underneath along with blue jeans, a familiar sight.
[A/N: ion remember what he was wearing but i think this is close enough??? Lemme know how wrong I was.]
His dark hair growing into a small afro and his neatly shaved beard, I felt tears escape my eyes. I ran into his open arms, praying this wasn't a dream.

"Hey there, sweetpea."

"Lee? Is this really you?"

"Yes it is. And I see you've brung friends," he chuckled as he handed me my baseball cap, no longer stained of his blood.

"Thought you would want this back." J hesistated but grabbed the famous "D" marked hat from him.

"So this is the man, the myth, the legend, Lee?" AJ asked as he walked over to the man 3 times his height.

"Yessir. And this is the little boy you've been taking care of?"

AJ nodded and smiled.

"What do we do now," Violet asked as she walked over to us.

"This is paradise. Lets have fun," I yelled as we ran off into the distance. A million miles away from death and war, away from tough decisions and blood, here we are free. Finally free.