adios

"Gonna grab my shit and go, adi, adios."

"Minerva."

"Gotta ghost, Vi. Not safe here." I crossed my arms over my chest. It was unfair she had to leave.
"Let it go, Vi. Let me go, please." She took her hands into mine and stared at me intentively.
"You know I'd never leave you if I didn't have to."

I sighed as I always found it futile to argue with her.
"How long you're leaving this time?"

"Don't know. My client's a real hush mouth about this gig. Paid upfront so I can't complain much about it."

"Mercenary work always seems sketchy to me."

"I keep my Is dotted and Ts crossed. I don't leave traces back to me. I've been doing this for a while, you forget that, my flower petal." I smile at her nickname of mine.
"It can be messy but blood washes out and the scent will fade as they all do."

"Still can't believe Clem convinced you to become a merc."

"Still can't believe she's one herself. Why not join us, Violet? You're always talking about how nothing ever happens in this fucking town..."

"I chose to live, thank you."

"Don't say I didn't offer you the chance." I nodded as she grabbed her dufflebag and threw it into her Corvette.
"Shouldn't be gone for too long, Vi."

"People ask, I ain't seen ya."

"Wrong. You don't even know me."

"Right, fuck." She pulled a skin tight black ski mask over her head.
"Extra much?"

"You know I got fans that wanna zero me," she loaded her favorite revolver and tuckled it into her holster.
"That wanna zero you." She handed me a pistol. I hesistated but accepted the weapon.
"Life of a merc's girl is just a dangerous as the merc's."

"I won't have to use this-"

"You never know. Better to be safe than sorry, 'specially with little buddy 'round here." She nodded towards AJ's room.
"Clem would kill everyone and then herself if anything happened to him."

"Trust me, I know. She called me 37 times this weekend because she missed him."

"Just 'cuz she kills for a living doesn't mean she doesn't have a heart." Minerva hugged me one last time before walking outside, I followed her out as she hopped in her Corevette, looking back at me as if she was regretting her choice entirely but too far too late to change anything. She drove off and I was left alone. Well, not completely alone. I walked to AJ's room, the baby was deep in slumber, hugging a brown teddy bear Clem grabbed for him while in Denver on a mission. I sat back down on the couch, watching old horror flicks as the evening sun set against the horizon.

"Adios Minerva. Stay safe, come back in one piece, please."

-
A/N: 2 extremely short oneshots back to back, ik, i hate it too.
Shit's been....rough in my personal life. Trying to be a creator when major shit happens is tough. While im trying to do it still, i am only human. And i tend to just push all that i love away so i can just breakdown and pick up where i left off like nothing ever happened. Consider me back in the twdg fandom if you'd like but do not wait for an update eagerly. I am too inconsistant and will either update 4x a week or once a year.
Not to mention, i burned the best outta myself so fast it was nuts. Yeah, I'm trying to improve my writings and shit but nothing has sparked my mind like how it used to.

If anyone has any requests, comment them because my brain is literally dead, hence my name deadwords.

It wasnt just cuz of the fandom

Shit, my brain's been on autopilot for the last 6 years honestly. Impulse and emotional actions are whats helping me make decisions.
Til next time
Deadwords