(un)natural

Erickson's School for Troubled Youth- you'd think it was a detention center for deliquients. And you are right. But what if those kids were....unnatural?
_______________________________________
Louis Sinclaire
Age: 18
Height: 5 foot 9 inches
Un-natural behavior(s): Can levitate himself/objects

"What if I don't want to go," I muttered as I walked to my room.
"I'm perfectly fine staying here-"

"Louis, your school has expelled you for levitating poor Johnny," my mother tried to reason with me.

"Well he shouldn't have touched my stuff."

"You didn't have to throw him off a cliff," my father interviened, clearly pissed off at this whole ordeal.
"We had to pay a fortune for his family not to sue us and ruin our family's name. Now, your mother and I have discussed. Erickson is a good place for you-"

"You mean a good place for you. So you can get rid of me and never have to deal with the lights of me every again?!" My eyes grew red with madness and rage as I lifted up my grandfather's grand piano.
"Good riddance!!!" I slam the piano down ontop of my father's head. Wood, springs and keys laid scattered in the living room as I turned and looked at my mother.
"I'm going to pack my things." Neither of us uttered another word until the police came to escourt me away. Due to my "unnatural" abilities, the judge overruling my case thought that being thrown in jail with "mortals" would only fuel my bloodlust, or cause more of it.

"I hereby sentence Mr. Louis R. Sinclaire to attend Erickson's Boarding School for the Troubled Youth," the judge slammed her gavel on her desk and I was escourted out in handcuffs into a squad car. Looking at my mother in tears as the car pulled off, I knew this was a huge mistake.
_______________________________________
Violet Carderelli
Age: 18
Height: 5 foot 2
Un-natural behavior(s): Summoning fire at will

I was surrounded. 12 thugs versus one young woman. Mom always warned about being out late. I couldn't help myself to a midnight smoke downtown alone. It sounded relaxing in my head. In actuality, I am nowhere near relaxed.

"Give up sweetheart, there are 12 dicks and one pussy. I ain't that smart with math but I know you won't win this," the bald tatted thug chuckled.

"Just leave me alone, I don't wanna cause trouble." The men approached me, one beginning to unzip his pants. I knew where this was going. I wasn't gonna let that happen. My eyes glowed gold and my palms burned hot and the next thing I remembered was being handcuffed and arrested while paramedics covered and dragged the dead, burnt corpses away.

"They were gonna rape me!," I explained to the cops. "I did what I had to do!"

"Killing them and burning their bodies was what you had to do?," he laughed. "I hope they put your sorry ass in prison for life." I pressed my head against the window, looking out into the cold night as the city's lights faded into nothingness.

"In the case of Violet Carderelli's, I find it true you protected yourself against several repeatedly charged rapists," the judge began. I had a sliver of a smile upon my face.
"...however, due to your unnatural natures and abilities, I've deemed it too dangerous for you roaming the streets freely." My smile faded once more. "Today, we hereby sentence you to go to Erickson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth-"

"But I'm 18, legally an adult," I rebuttled.

"Yes, yes. But it is either that or I sentence you to death." Everyone in the courtroom gasped.
"I take it you'd rather be alive."

"Yes, your honour." And without another word uttered, I was chained and placed on a bus, heading towards my new home. Or hellhole. Probably hellhole.
_______________________________________