only human

"Don't Open, Dead Inside," I read aloud from the barricaded metal doors. Banging and undead screams howl from the other side.

"Tenn, you sure you wanna do this?" I turn to find AJ firmly gripping his gun in one hand and a knife in the other.

"I have to find her. Minnie's in there, I know it. Maybe Sophie too..."

"Do you think Clem's in there too?"

"Only one way to find out. Lets put on the masks." He grabbed the walker skin mask James gave him before we ran off in the cave. I grabbed a wolf's mask smeared in walker guts.

"Ready?" His question was simple yet my answer was anything but that.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

Pushing against the metal doors, the howling subsided as the scent of walker guts covered our human scents. We were hidden in plain sight. The undead and those turning paid little to no attention to me and AJ. We were on a mission, to find the ones we love. The once vacant hospital rooms now filled with decomposing corspes and hungry monsters feasting upon the corspes and what little they had left to offer. Dried blood painted the ceilings and floors as we walked through several different corridors, hoping to find our loved ones.

"Why are we doing this," AJ whispered as I stared at a group of walkers mauling an innocent raccoon.
"We should head back-"

"No," I firmly whisper. "I...I gotta know the truth. There's no way they got lost in the woods. Something happened to them." AJ just sighed and moved along side with me.

"FUCK OFF," I heard Clementine scream, followed by alot of crashing and glass shattering.

"CLEM!" AJ cried out, attracting the attention of the many undead. "Fuck, RUNNN!" Before my brain had time to react to his words, I find my feet running against the bloodied tiled flooring, taking random turns hoping to find a safe room. Left, left, right, down some stairs, left, I just ran mindlessly, wishing for a safe haven.

"Quick, in here!" AJ called out to a room at the end of the hall. He sprinted in and I followed, locking the door as walkers neared. As we caught our breaths, we realized we weren't alone. Her faint groans as life slowly slipped from her were auible as much as I hated it.

"Tenn," she weakily groaned. I ran towards her body.

"Sophie...." Her mutilated body, she was chained to the wall by her arms and her legs were cut off, just dripping blood into a pool on the floor. She had 2 black eyes but still smiled when I saw her.

"I love you......" she looked at the ground, hanging her head low as if she's given up.

"Who did this? I'll make them pay," AJ walked up besides me. For a moment, she stood silent. The groans of other person present became crystal clear to my ears and fainly Sophie finally answered with her last breath.

"Minerva......" she exhailed and went silent once more. Her body hanged from the chains on the wall and her skin grew pale and lifeless.

I couldn't even grieve before a monster grabbed my neck, bitting my shoulder before AJ could shoot it in the leg.

"OW," the creature screamed and fell to the ground, clentching her leg. "Fuck...." AJ's eyes widdened and he walked over to the creature.

"C...clem?" He spoke in a shakily voice. The creature sat up and pressed its back against the wall and looked at AJ.

"Whatca doin kiddo," she weakily coughed and groaned. Her head was split open, revealing fleshy brains and plenty of blood. Her right arm was cut off as well and she looked extremely pale.

"Did Minnie do this," I quickly asked as it seemed the life was quickly leaving her body. She nodded her head and coughed up a bit of blood.

"I love you AJ," she looked up and smiled one last time before death came for her. Her body collasped to the floor, laying in the intermixing pool of blood. AJ stared at me, at my bite. It was still bleeding into my white undershirt, I knew I was going to die.

"We have to find Minnie," AJ raged. "She killed Sophie. She killed Clem. She's gonna kill us next!" I agreed with the child. I grabbed Clem's knife and headed towards the door.

"The night will be over soon," her sinically sweet voice sang once more. She creeped from the darkest corner of the room, holding her axe in one hand, gun in another. "Oh Tenn-"

"Enough. You killed Sophie and Clem!" AJ pointed his gun at Minnie. Her green eyes stared at the small child. She walked out from the shadows to reveal multiple walker bites and her blood stained clothes.

"Minnie," I sighed. "You're dying."

"Yes. I'm going home. I want you to come with me. It won't be real if you're not there." As much as her words inticed me, a single gunshot fired off and her body fell to the ground.

"Tenn......," she groaned as the light dimmed in her eyes. I stared at the sight of my dead sisters, something out of a horror movie.

"Lets go home," I turned around and find my forehead pressed against the barrel of AJ's gun.

"You got bit Tenn," his voice choked. Completely unfazed by the bite, I backed away.

"AJ, I'm fine. Ruby can...." He cocked his gun and tears fell from his eyes. There was no barganing with him, his mind was made up.

"I love you," he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Please don't kill me," I begged. "AJ, I-" The gun fired off and a burning sensation hit my chest. I collasped onto the floor and writhe in pain. Blood spilled from my mouth as I stared at AJ.

"Goodbye Tenn," he ran out of the room, leaving me to suffer until I die.

"A.....J...."