sacrifice

[The bridge scene but a different ending.....]

Narrator's POV
As the walkers neared, Clementine took cover behind the oldly placed semi truck. The raging red-headed Minerva kicked Clementine as she came out from the cover, causing her to fall onto the cracking wood of the bridge. A split second was all it took for her to move from her surely fatal axe chop. Clementine rushed to Minerva as she reloaded the gun after attacking Violet, causing her to drop Marlon's bow into the river below. Tennessee looks in horror at the sight of her dying sister attacking Clementine. Clementine grabs the gun and fatally shoot Minerva in the head, leaving her body for the walkers.

"Jump! You'll die if you don't!" AJ screamed from across the broken bridge. Violet threw Tenn across and looked in horror as walkers climbed over the semi, closing in on her. Clementine stood up and with the last bit of strength in her body, she tossed Violet across the gap.

"CLEMENTINE," AJ screamed as Clementine was grabbed by the undead. The walkers bit and devoured her flesh as if a great treasure laid deep within her. The shining light in her eyes grew dull and dark as her life fled the body. Tears streamed down AJ's face as he watched his protector, his parental figure, being eaten. The cracking of wood became audible and the walker filled side of the bridge gave out. The river filled with undead unwillingly being flushed out to sea, far away from here. Tenn, Violet, and AJ watched silently as Clementine's lifeless body sank into the murky waters and out with the walkers.

"AJ...." Violet put her hand on his shoulder.

"Lets just.....go home...." he whipped his remaining tears and loaded the gun. Violet grabbed Clementine's knife and Tennessee grabbed a large stick. The trio silently walked back to Erickson with broken hearts in hand and sorrow in their minds.

* * * *

(3 weeks later)

"It's done," Violet smiled at AJ as they looked up at the bell tower.

"What is it?"

"A treehouse."

"A tree house? What's that?"

"Well, it's kind of like a miniture house in the trees. A personal home above ground."

"Did Clementine have one?"

"Yup. She told me about it. She said she used to play princesses up in there, have tea parties, sounded amazing."

"Can we have a tea party?"

"Sure thing little man."

AJ smiled and laid his head on Violet's shoulder. It's been 3 weeks since her death but the wound still felt fresh in their hearts.

"AJ, Vi!" Tenn yelled as he ran to the two. "Look at what I- I mean, Rosie found!" The dog walked over with Clementine's famous baseball cap in her mouth. AJ's eyes lit up at the sight of it.

"It's wet but I think you should have it," Tenn grabbed the hat and handed it over to AJ.

"It's too small for my head. But..." He looked at Clementine's grave. "There." He sat the cap on her gravestone.

"Love you Clem " Violet sighed as tears fell off her cheek.

"Thank you for saving us," Tenn's voice cracked as he began to cry as well.

"I love you Clem." AJ turned to Violet and hugged her tightly as he began to cry as well.

* * * *

"The stars look awesome tonight," Violet exclaimed as she sat in the newly built "treehouse" with AJ and Tenn.

"So is this a tea party?" AJ askee in obvious confusion.

"Well, in a tea party, you need tea. And we don't have any. So it's a rabbit stew party."

"Bland rabbit stew actually," Tenn chimed in as he hesitantly at his stew. Violet and AJ chuckled.

"It beats his fish stew, yuck." Violet smirked.

"Hey! I love fish!," AJ yelled. The trio smiled and laughed as the stars shinned brightly over them. The moonlight shinned gently on Clementine's grave, as if her soul is leaving the grave to stargaze with the kids too. And if that was so, Violet could live in comfort that the night they shared would live on, even in the afterlife.

A/N: IM SUPPOSED TO BE ASLEEP! ITS 1:18 AM AND IM CRYING BECAUSE OF THIS!