fading away

[A rewrite to "the end"'s fading au requested by @thedarkmasterone ]

"Why would I go anywhere else...if...you're here?" I adjusted my glasses as I smiled and stared in awe at the tv screen. This scene really pulled at my heart strings and made it seem as if nothing else in the world mattered, well almost nothing else. My phone dinged, alerting me that my pizza had arrived. Leaving the game unpaused and letting the cinamatics roll out, I left the comfiness of my couch behind. The smell of a freshly baked barbequed chicken pizza will never betray me at my lowest point as the storm raged on violently outdoors. I heard an echoing thunderous roar followed by screaming. Rushing towards the basement, pizza still in hand, I find Clementine and Violet being dragged off by Lily and her henchmen with me in the controls pf AJ's actions.

[X] Save Clem

[Y] Save Violet

[O] Let them be captured

[🔺️] Rescue

With no hesitation, I press 🔺️ and AJ shot the people who tried to take Clem and Vi.

"OVER THERE," AJ pointed towards me through the tv. I had just expected something was panned off screen and the gane would switch to third oerson view so we can see it.
"SAVE YOURSELVES!" The duo ran towards the screen and leaped through the television, and I dropped my controller in fear and amazement. 2 of my favorite video game characters existing outside if their game IN REAL LIFE!!! I stared with horror in my face as I saw AJ looking at us and smiled one last time before the screen went black and a single gun sounded off. I violently pressed every button on my controller to no avail. My tv was dead and video game characters were standing before me, holding me at cleaver point.

"Don't. Fucking. Move," Violet growled as she held her cleaver at my throat. Her green eyes cut into my soul like a dagger as she has obviously no trust for me.
"What is this place? Who are you? Why are we here?" Her questions fired off fast and venomous as her grip on her cleaver tightened and came closer to my throat.

"I'd be more than happy to answer your questions if I weren't held hostage in my own home," my voice quivered as Clementine grabbed her knife. She motioned for Violet to ease up and I stood up at my seat.
"Hmmm. How to put this....," my.voice trailed off. How was I supposed to react?!

"It's been some time since we've had power of any sorts. How did you do it? Must take alot of work," Clementime walked aroujd the basement, flickering the light switches.

"Well, that's a good start. This place you're in, we all have power and running water and electricity, tv, wifi, etc, etc." Violet and Clementine looked at each other and then back at me.

"So you guys don't hunt?" Violet questioned as she pointed towards my mini fridge packed with hot pockets and beverages. I shook my head.

"No, our society hasn't collasped, yet. We don't have to be savages." I tossed Violet the "The Walking Dead: Definitive Series" video game box as I grabbed my coat and keys.
"I will explain everything in due time."

"Where are we? This seems too good to be true." Clementine agreed with Violet as she grabbed the box and stared in disbelief the girl on the cover was her.

"Michigan. Detroit, Michigan actually." I grabbed my ipad and showed them a map of our location.

"We're in the future," Violet stared at the screen in awe.

"Yes," I quickly spoke. "To put it in a nutshell-"

"DO YOU GUYS HAVE CHICKEN NUGGETS?!?!,"Clementine groaned as the blonde bounced in joy.

"I regret wanting to be your girlfriend now," Clem jokingly mumbled as she sat on the couch.

"Yes, we have plenty of nug-"