dèjá vú (part one)

[The day repeats itself over and over and over...] [Something like the Groundhog Day movie.] [Long ass story? Probably. Do I regret it? I probably will when I get done typing it all.]

Clementine's POV

I open my eyes as the sunlight peaks from behind the window blinds. I crack my knuckles, stretch, and head out to the courtyard. AJ is always up before me and hands me a cup of hot coffee to start my morning. Louis and Violet are sitting besides Rosie,playing cards. Ruby and Aasim are placing flowers over Marlon's and Brody's graves. Tenn and AJ were at one of the dinner tables drawing together. Mitch and Willy were making bombs. Everyone was enjoying the crisp morning. I sat on the stoop of the school, sipping black coffee. Louis and Violet saw me and came to sit next to me.

"Morning darling," Louis sweetly spoke as he kissed me on the lips. He frowns in disgust. "How can you drink black coffee?! Bleh."

Me and Violet laugh. She hugs me.
"Today's gonna be a good day," she sighs as she lays her head onto my shoulder. I agree and kiss her rosey red cheek.

"We should go hunting. We need more food," Omar chimed in. "Barely had enough to make breakfast."

"Then that's settled. Lets go hunting!" Louis smiles as he grabs a bow.

"Motherfucker," screamed Marlon. "YOU CAN'T AIM!"

"I CAN TOO." Louis aimed at the target on the tree and missed it by a mile. I burst into laughter as Louis grabs Chairles from Marlon.

"Lets....go hunting," Louis monotonely sighs. Violet and I grab our weapons and headed out along with Louis and Marlon.

The groans of a herd of walkers blasted into my ears. I peaked out over a tree. Dozens upon dozens of those undead fuckers. I crouch over to the others.

"We need a distraction, a big one. Can't take them out one by one, too many." Everyone looked at Louis.

"Well shit-"

"Go on pretty boy. Show them walkers a thing or two," I rolled my eyes as Louis pops his collar and grabbed Chairles. He climbed up a tree and start yelling and banging the tree attracting all the walkers to him. While the dead was distracted, I shot 2 rabbits with arrows as well as a deer. Good eating tonight.

"Um guys?" was the last words I heard before a tree branch snapped and Louis screamed as he fell to the ground. We quickly rushed to his side.

"I...can't...move..I can't feel anything below the neck." He was paralyzed.

"We can-"

"No," he cuts me off. "Take the animals and go home. I'll distract the herd." Tears streamed down his face as he called the walkers to him, knowing his cruel and gruesome fate. We all ran as fast as we could but still the chilling screams of Louis as he was being ripped apart haunted me.

****

Back at Erickson, we handed over the hunt to Chef Omar who prepared dinner immediately. Me and AJ headed to the graveyard and made a new gravestone.

"Louis," he read. "I'll miss him." I held back the tears as I walked to my room. I heard 2 pair of footsteps fastly approach me but I closed and locked the door behind me.

"Clem...," Violet whined.
"Can we all talk," AJ asked.

I just ignored them and laid on my bed, allowing the sadness to overwhelm me. Silent tears slowly drip from my eyelids and welcome my pillow with their salty kisses.

Hours passed before I had the strength to leave my room. My eyes burned red as I opened them and wipe away the crust from them. It was around dinner time, the sky glowed a sweet auburn color as the sun was preparing for its rest. The hallways and dorms were empty. No sound at all. Complete silence. I punched the wall and to my surprise, no audible noise. Snapping my fingers to my ears, I realized I have become deaf. Confused and utterly terrified, I walked outdoors to find absolute chaos.