so long soldier

"Protecting our home, making the ultimate sacrifice to safe us," Louis spoke aloud. His voice filled with sadness and anger but he kept speaking anyways.
"What would we have done if we had known today could've ended differently, with one more person sitting amongst us? Would we have used more bullets? Should we have had more arrows for our bows? Nothing could've prevented this casualty, nothing besides the change of mind Clementine had." Louis's eyes shinned upon the group in sorrow, the dimmest his eyes ever were. Violet approached him and offered to continue to speak.

"When we first found you and AJ, we surely thought you were going to turn into the same creatures that tore into you as if some miracle lied beneath your flesh and bones. And that's true, you did held a miracle inside- your caringness for us, your love, your strength- seeing a miracle of a survivor like yourself being ripped away from our grasps...." Violet began to tear up.
"Maybe if I was there, you'd still be here...." Louis held out open arms and invited Violet into a warm embrace. Grabbing onto his jacket as if that was her last rememberance of Clementine, she sunk deeper and depper into Louis's grasps, afraid to leave him, for that Clementine and the last bit of memories of her would vanish too.

"She protected me, protected us," AJ walked over. "Ever since I was born, she's been there, protecting me from the monsters, teaching me all the rules...." He stopped and turned towards her grave.
"First rule is...," his eyes began to water, "never go alone." The disco broccoli figure on his shirt soon began damp as his salty tears dripped down his bloodied cheek.
"I love you Clem....."
Aasim walked over, placing a single apple on her grave.

"I know I came off to you and AJ as a bit of a nerd, but I could tell the school would be safer with you, Clementine. I wish you were still here." His words were as brief as his visit before disappearing within the school building. Rosie came over and sat at her grave, whimpering at the sudden and tragic loss of the citrus girl.
Tenn drew a picture of Clementine stabbing a walker, like the brave badass he remembered her as.
Ruby placed violets around her grave, illuminating her burial site with luxious vibes of purple.
Willy placed a single bow arrow and shed a few tears as words couldn't form in his mind to describe her sacrifice.
Omar poured out a bowl of stew and left it on her grave.
"In case the other side doesn't have as great of a cook as me," he tried to joke.
As everyone dispusted and went there seperate ways, Violet and AJ were the last two still staring at her cross.

"Can we go stargazing? Like how you and Clem did," AJ asked, preparing himself to be rejected.

"Of course kid. I'd love to."

A smile lit up on his face and he raced Violet to the belltower. Moonlight shinned upon Clem's grave as a blue aura stood at the grave, admiring the sight of AJ and Violet up ontop of the tower.

"Take good care of him, Vi. I love you," Clementine's voice, lost in the winds of the night, faded away. Her ghostly body roaming the school during the nights, watching over the ones she love, as well as occassionally eating the stew Omar sets out. As dawn rises from the peaks of the mountain, Clementine's ghost returns to her grave and sets off back to the other side until nighttime rises again.

A/N: i feel like I made a oneshot story similar to this before.........oh well. And sorry for anyone who cries, cuz i fuckin cried writing this. So um...yea. thanks for the reads yall. I didnt realize i had over 2k reads😂 so much love yall.
XOXO - Chantel