ghost of you

[Modern AU: The famous actor Louis Turner was shot and killed in his home and his best friend Violet Taylor has to just live on knowing he's gone...]

[Yeah, it's the reverse of "you're the reason I believe in ghosts" i wrote like a month plus ago. Let me be unoriginal in peace.]

**[TW: Contemplation of suc*de, s*lf h*rm]**

Holding your famed coat in my hands, seeing your blood splattered on it and a bullet hole where your hearr used to beat. Easier said than done about trying to move on. Easier to drink a bottle of vodka than to just leave our apartment, a place we once held the greatest memories....even your final ones....

"SHE SAID "YES"!!" Louis screamed as he hugged me, sweeping me off of my feet.

I whipped my eyes as the investagator knocked on the door.

"Ms. Taylor, we've found the shooter-"

"Are they going to die," I spoke without truly understanding what I've said.

"Excuse me?"

I cleared my throat before speaking again.
"Are they going to be charged with the death penalty? Anything severe?"

"I'm afraid the state of Virgina does not see the death penalty fit for the person."

"What will they be charged with? If I may ask."

"First degree murder, conspiracy and plotting of said murder, illegal owning of firearms and naroctics- they will be in jail for the rest of their lives." And as just joy I wanted to feel about justice for my best friend, I couldn't feel a damn thing.

"Thank you, detective." I closed the door and locked it before I took a look at the apartment. The white carpet was still stained with your blood, trailing to the bathroom. God, I remember that night. I remember you being so happy, so joyous about proposing to Clementine amd her saying "Yes". I remember shaking up a can of beer and spraying it on the both of us as twelve o'clock midnight struck. And then, I remember shooting. Bullets redecorating the living room and one redecorated your heart. In a bitter turn of events, you were struck once more in the leg. I remember seeing you drop to the ground, seeing the light flicker in your eyes and, ultametly end in my arms. I remember going to therapy the first two weeks after that. I remember telling my therapist I see nothing for the future. Nothing. Not a damned thing. I remember him asking me to pull up my sleeves, exposing the blood red slices I caused.

"We should get an apartment here, this city is goregous."

"Okay, roomie." He smiled as we sat along the beach, drinking rum and smiling.
"I never wanna leave this paradise if it ain't with you by my side, my partner in crime."

I exhailed as I traced my fingers over the now healed scars, counting every slash I did. Every slit that made me feel something. Every cut was a reason why I wished I were the one to die that night, not you.

Clementin checks up on me every day and calls me every night.

"Shouldn't you be asleep," she yawns.

How could I sleep with broken dreams?

"I'll go to bed soon," I lied. The clock ticked 4 a.m. as I sipped on my cup of coffee, trying to become anything but numb. The hot, bitterness was the only thing keeping me grounded.

"Someday, I'll make a brand for myself. Someday, I wanna live amongst the stars in forever glory."

I hope forever glory is amazing, Lou.
_______________________________________

[3 weeks later...]

The stentch of your blood, no matter how much Oxi-Clean I use, it still haunts me. Your room, still littered with your clothes and lyrics sheets, I refuse to go inside. Your songs playing on the radio, I cannot listen to them anymore. Everything reminds me of you, no matter how hard I try, I can't deny the fact I miss you. Brody let me spend the last few nights at her house, the first time in nineteen days I actually fell asleep before dawn. She offered me a room to move into...but....leaving the apartment, leaving you behind...

I looked up from my pillow, stained to death in tears to find Louis strumming his guitar.

"Hey," I sniffled. He looked up at me, waved, and walked towards me, plopping down besides me on his leather couch.

"Heard you've been missing me," he sighed.
"I never got to tell you good bye."

"Why did you come back?"

"I have unfinished business as they say. My coat-"

"I burned it." Louis turned towards me.
"Couldn't live with your bloody jacket here. Couldn't let someone take it. So, I burned it. Sorta like having your ashes around."

"Even as a ghost, you still manage to pull on my heartstrings." I chuckled as he stood up once more.

"When will you be back?"

"Soon. Very soon. Until then, be strong. For me." The friendly ghost soon became transparent and vanish into nothingness. My phone vibrated from across the room.

[New Message: LouLou🤑]

You shouldnt stay bcuz of me. I'll see you soon. Go w Brody. This place triggers you too much.

Maybe, leaving wouldn't be so bad. At least I have some comfort in his soul haunting me. Even if it's by playing the guitar at 4:20 a.m. Because I know, somewhere out there, you're doing just fine, Louis. I'll miss you forever.

A/n: short oneshot ik. This was so triggering to write but i just wanted to say i love you guys ♡♡♡ stay safe, stay strong, i appreciate you guys