when we all fall asleep

[Violet's and Louis's dreams at night of their mutual crush and newcomer, Clementine]

Violet's Dream

"Clem?" I walked around the forest, hopelessly lost. My cleaver is missing and so is Clem.

"CLEMENTINE," I cried out once more. No answered. A thick covering of fog rolled in as if being weaponless and alone was terrifying enough.

"Violet," a voice groaned. "Help me!" I ran as fast as I could to the voice. A bloodied body laid on the ground.

"Minerva," I spoke with venom on my tongue. She looked up at me, her eyes still sparkling as her life was slipping away. Her red hair grew grey, her green eyes grew dull, she was fading away. Footsteps approached and I quickly turned around to be greeted by a hug. Her smell, her touch, it has to be her.

"Clem?" She pulled away and looked up at me. Her big, brown eyes staring at me. I never knew how much I'd love brown eyes until I met her. She kissed me on my lips, her sweet tangy taste was addictive. I couldn't help but want more.

"Violet, you piece of homosexual shit," Minerva coughed up blood and stared at us. "How could you?!"

Clementine stood infront of me and held my hand, glaring at the dying girl.

"You're weak Minerva. You've used Violet for too long. I'll build her back up into a better Violet, one no one will ever take for granted again." I smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

"Goodbye Minerva. Clem, if you could." She nodded her head and shot one single bullet into her skull, ending her suffering and her miserable life.

"You didn't have to stick up for me," I leaned back onto a tree and looked at Clem. "I'm used to being used."

"I wasn't gonna let her get away with shit talking you. I love you." My face grew hotter than lava and redder than blood. "Violet?" She walked closer to me. My heart pounded against my chest so loudly, I thought she could hear it.

"Yeah?," my voice shook like an earthquake. She reached into her back pocket and pullet out my cleaver.

"Found it in a walker's skull," she gripped the handle extremely tightly. "But there was a 2nd part to this." Confusion painted a pretty picture on my face until I realized why she was holding the end so tightly. She moved her hand and revealed a diamond ring on the end of my cleaver. My face lit up like a Christmas tree in December.

"Violet, my dad's favorite color. Violet, the color of my hair ties. Violet, the name of a pretty flower my mother loved. Violet, the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. So, Violet, I star gazed with you, came out of the closet to you, danced with you, shared a few kisses with you. Do I get a yes for marrying me?"

My heart was beating so fast and loud I swore she could hear it. My face flustered bright red.

"OF COURSE," I screamed at the top of my lungs. "I LOVE YOU!" She kissed me and I swear time stopped. In that moment, I felt loved. I felt warmth. I felt alive. Feelings I haven't felt for a long time.

              *       *       *       *       *

Louis's Dream

Sitting down at the grand piano, I played the song I once played for Clementine. I think I'll call it "Don't Be Afraid". Minnie used to sing it to us when we were scared. I think it's fitting. Small footsteps approached but I was too invested with my music. Her soft voice sung beautifully as if she's been practicing all her life.

"Nevermind the darkness,
Nevermind the storm,
Nevermind the blood red moon,
The night will be over soon."

I turned around and was greeted with her cute smile and warm embrace.

"Clem!"

"Hey Lou-Lou, hope ya didn't mind my singing."

"Not at all. I loved it actually."

"Thanks, Violet was helping me with my pitches."

"Yeah that's Violet. She may seem like a bitch- and she is- but she's lovable."

"Not as lovable as you."

I turn away and blushed. I could tell she was blushing too. She put her hand on my shoulder and my face only grew hotter.

"Louis?"

"Y...yeah?" My voice was shaky. I'll admit it. I was nervous. She sat besides me at the piano. She took out her knife and started carving into my piano. I wanted to stop her but I didn't. I couldn't. A few moments passed and she looked back up at me with diamond eyes and an even brighter smiles.

"C+L," I traced my finger over the heart that encased our initials.

"I like like you, Louis." Before I could even react, her sweet citrus lips were against mine. It was an addictive taste, one that I could get used to. In that moment, it felt infinite, like a dream. Her soft hands intertwined with mine.

"I love you Clementine."

"I love you too Louis."

A/N: im soooo fucking sick this aint even funny. But sickness means time to write and time to write means my stupid ass oneshots that people read for some reason but THANKS YOU GUYS I REALLY DO LOVE YALL
XOXO -CHANTEL