nuggets, burns, carvings & storms

[Modern Violentine AU] [The title is the jist of the story in all honesty]

Clementine's POV

"I'd give an eyeball for some chicken nuggets!" Violet screamed as she laid on my purple bean bag chair. I rolled onto my stomach to look at Violet.

"You only have one eye left genius," I smirk as I typed on my laptop. Violet's emerald eye stared at me, like a wolf to its injuried prey.
"Look I know you're my girl," I started,"but you're looking at me like I'm food and you can't eat me. Or at least I want a date first." Violet blushed and looked away as I smile in victory. "Cat caught your tongue?" I stick my tongue out at her. She crosses her arms and pouts. Feeling a little bit of guilt, but mostly wanting to hug my "baby violet", I get off of my comfy bed and plop down next to her on the bean bag chair. Staring at her with lust and love in my eyes, I lean in to gently kiss her on her cheek before I laid my head on her shoulder.

"It still kinda hurts," Violet whispered as she took off her black eyepatch to reveal burnt skin and an empty eye socket. I walked to my desk and grab my spare first aid kit.

"Sit on my bed, I'll clean it this time," nurture in my voice, sweet like sugar. Violet obeyed and laid on my pink silky sheets and rested her weary head on my white and red stripped pillow. The strong scent of rubbing alcohol burned in the air as much as it did on Violet's skin as she held back tears of pain and screams as I quickly, but gently, ran the cotton ball over her wounds. Her face grew bright red as I rubbed ointment on her, tracing my fingers along the burn lines. Repeating the motions until Violet grabbed my arm. She laid there silent as she shooked her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I- can you just hand me my eyepatch?" I grab a piece of gauze and cover her eyesocket before i wrapped around her eyepatch and kiss her cheek once more.

"You never did tell me what happened that night...," my voice trailed off as I saw Violet tense up at the mentioning of that night. "Sorry. Forget I said anything."

"Clem...." I sigh and sit next to Violet as she wraps her arms around me.
"Clem."

"Yes?"

She kisses me on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too babe."

"I'll tell you what happened if you buy me chicken nuggets."

I turn to look at her, her big ass grin from cheek to cheek. Her messy blonde hair falling over her lightly pinked cheeks, her sharp jawline ready to cut anyone who dares to mess with her, I then realize, I was drooling.

"Jesus Clem, I knew you were gay but THISSSSS is hella gay," she laughed. I punch her in the arm.

"Don't try me, I'll switch to Louis," I joked. Violet's smile dropped like a bomb. Her signature gay stare attacked my eyes and harmed my soul. "Fine, no more bi jokes."

"Bi the way," Violet chimed in as she grabbed her bottle of water. "I am very hungry. I could have you or nuggets, but I'd like to go both ways. But- ow- okay, don't punch me, I'll stop." I roll my eyes and lie back onto the bed. Violet laid down next to me, looking like a lost puppy and her puppy dog eyes burned my soul. I turn away but her warm hug reels me back in to her. Right where I belong.

* * * *

A few hours have passed, the sky is a dark crimson and dark grey clouds overhead have given the suspicion of an incoming thunderstorm. Violet was still latched onto me, like she was afraid if she'd let go I'll disappear. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of us together.

"Fuck," I whisper to myself. It was 9:51pm. I rubbed the crust out from my eyes and gently shook Violet awake.

"Fuck...ugh. What time is it" she groaned as she covers her bedhead with the hood of her violet coloured hoodie.