dogs are the best

"Violet, it's not safe out there, expecially if you're FUCKING BLIND!"

"Fuck off Louis, I got this, I'm fine," I stumble over a large rock and I hear Louis's laughter as I flipped him off and walked with Rosie. Being blind isn't fun. I'm forgetting faces, colours, the whole nine yards. Barely can make out figures, I mostly use hearing and scents to determine everything for myself. Rosie isn't a perfect guide dof but it sure beats nothing at all. She would growl and I'd ready for a walker attack but in reality, she was growling at a squirrel. It was late at night, probably after midnight. Alas, I could not sleep. The terrible memories, memories of that day...I remember it all to clear, all too painfully. Part of me wish I'd listen to Clementine's words rather than the one Minerva spoke. She manipulated me the whole time we dated, she betrayed me, and I still chose her over Clementine. My sweet caramel goddess, no wonder Louis loves her. They deserve each other.

Sighing, I grasped my eyepatch and tore it off. I wanted things to go back to normal as if somehow I'd magically regained my eyesight. This isn't a fairy tale though, there is no happy endings, no second chances....

Rosie's loud growl focus my attention on the surroundings. It was pitch black, at least for me. I did not hear anything besides Rosie's growl.

"Rosie!" The dog barked and I heard the undead grunts of walkers. The dog left my side as I ran in a random direction. Feeling tree branches smack into my face, blood drew my from empty eyesocket. As fresh blood spewed, more undead fiends smelt me and the faster I ran. Rosie's barking grew louder, I supposed she ran after me once she realized her blind kid was missing. I felt her snout dig into my leg and I left her guide me. I'd much rather trust an animal than my lack of sense, direction and sight. The undeadly groans of walkers subsided and I was able to slow to a walk, catching my breath as Rosie laid besides me. Her soft fur stained with cold walker blood as she licked my cheek with affection.

"Thank you, Rosie." I reached my hand out and she gently licked it before laying down in my lap.

"VIOLET!" Louis yelled as the metal gates crashed open. Fast paced footsteps neared me as he practically tackled me into a hug. "I was so worried."

"I'm fine. Rosie saved me. And um, you were right. I shouldn't leave the school until my eyesight gets better."

"You're damn right I'm right!' He popped his collar. "Cmon inside, Omar made rabbit bean stew."

"I'd rather eat a horse." I joked as Louis guided me back to our home. Rosie followed at my heels, a loyal guide dog and her blind owner, what a perfect duo.