infected

[Clem is bitten while she's out alone hunting, realizing there was nothing anyone could do, she...]

Clementine's POV

"Guess I shouldn't have gone alone," I half heartedly laughed. I looked at my reflection in a shallow pond. A bloody walker bite on my neck, blood still pouring down and staining onto my clothes.

"Shit." I threw a rock into the water and watch the ripples tear apart my reflection. I look at the direction of Camp Violet, I can barely make out the watchtower. I can't go back, I am a threat. I'd just hurt them and if I turned and bit someone-
I waved the idea from my mind.
No bullets left either. Better get as far away as I can before.....
It was mid-day, the sun stood high overhead. My skin grew pale and cold, clearly exposing my veins in the bright sunlight. I hissed as the sun's rays burned my skin, no longer warm kisses, just violent stings. The air around me grew colder, my vision became cloudy and grey. I stumble upon an abbandoned home and looked at myself in the window pane. Darkness around my eyes formed, the bite no longer bleeds but a dark purple vein-like structure grew around it, reaching my face. My skin was becoming more and more pale and my eyes were dimming.

Is this how I die? An infected kid?
I pressed my back against the windowstill and slid down it until I sat on the ground, staring at the cracked pavement. Memories began to fade away. Lee, Carly, Rebecca, Duck, Luke, Lily....the past began to wear away from me. My breath slowed as I tried to hold on to what little I remembered, about myself, about life, about anything. My legs went numb as I tried to stand up.
This can't be it.
Tried again and again but it was useless. My legs were dead. Taking in a few deep breaths, I tried to remember one thing to keep as everything quickly slipped from my mind.
AJ, Louis, Violet, Aasim, Rosie, Ruby....
Tears frantically ran down my face.
"I have nothing to remember....and I am going to..." I choked on my words as the virus took control of me and I was powerless to fight. I fell against the wall, unable to move, unable to speak, the last thing I remember was being bitten.

Narrator's POV
Her brown eyes that once shinned bright now faded into darkness. Her sunkissed skin is pale and lifeless. The girl we knew and loved, now part of the walking dead. Clementine is dead.

(3 days later)

"AJ?"
The small child turned around as he finished digging a grave.
"We found her." He hesitantly followed Willy and the others to the abbandoned house, probably about a half hour's walk away. Clementine's body roamed around, searching for the taste of life. AJ turned away at the sight of her.

"I can't....just do it for me," he mustered up the nerve to say as tears fell from his eyes. He placed his gun in Willy's hands and turned away as he heard the gun sound off.

(The next day)

[A new gravestone was made. It read "Clementine-The Protector"]

"I miss her."
"We miss her too little man." Violet and Louis placed flowers on her grave. AJ placed her hat ontop of her gravestone.
"Rest in peace, Clementine."
AJ walked to the tire swing and sat on it as he watched others come visit her grave. Rosie laid on Clem's grave as AJ sat with her.