coffee coloured eyes

[Modern AU; CLOUIS: Clementine works at a local coffee brewery and a certain dreadhead fellow noticed her.] [Since I make soooo much violentine writes, might as well make a clouis one ya know]

Louis's POV

9:23 blaired on my alarm clock as if it was furious at me and my poor sleeping habits. Quieting the mono-toned wailing, I sat up and stared at my hungover self in the mirror. My 5 o'clock shadow began to grow grey whiskers and my hair sprawled in every direction. Drinking a cup of water, I walked to my bathroom and got dressed for my morning meetings. Nothing too fancy; just a charcoal grey suit with matching pants, a white undershirt, black leather shoes, and my grandfather's gold rolex to complete the look. 10:01 twinkled on the one-of- a-kind watch and my tongue longed for a familiar taste.

"Coffee," I yawned as I called myself an Uber. Rich folks don't drive themselves, we have others do it. About 10 minutes passed before a tan man in a Mercedes SUV arrived for me.

"Any good coffee shops around MidTown," I asked as I put my suitcase in the trunk.

"Cardarelli's on 9 and Fox Ave., my personal favorite-"

"Cool, I'll pay you 1,000 dollars cash, just go." The man quickly ceased the conversation and sped off past the red lights. I stared out the rain stained windows, looking fondly at the evergrowing buildings that kiss the skies with their metallic lips. The bustling streets filled with humans and animals alike, all going the different directions of life. Surprisingly, the traffic is on the lesser side for a Friday morning in the heart of NYC. I arrive at my destination, a small coffee shop on the corner, looks pretty well run.

"Thanks man " I handed the driver 10 100 dollar bills as promised and gathered by belongings before exiting the car. I walked to the glass doors, staring inside. A dozen or so beanbag chairs sprawled out on mahogany wooden floors with small walnut coffee tables besides. Pictures hanged all along the walls, varying from family photos to coffee designs. The strong scent of freshly brewed coffee hit my nostrils as I entered the establishment.

"Hi, welcome to Cardarelli's," a young blonde woman spoke to me as she handed me a menu. I looked at her and was startled at the sight of her. Both of her eyes, covered in a thick bandage wrap. Her sparking white teeth exposed in a smile. "The nane's Violet and I'm blind, pardon my absolute loss of direction if I'm holding the menu too far from you."

"That's alright darling. Thank you, um, Violet." Her seeing-eye pitbull stared at me, as if she saw evil within my soul. I took a seat at the lime-green coloured beanbag and read the menu.

Cardarelli's Coffee Brewery

•Hot/Iced Black Coffee -$1.99
•Frappes -$2.98 SM/$3.99 MD/$4.99 LG
(Caramel, Mocha, Vanilla Bean)
•Hot/Iced Tea (Sweetened) -$2.49
•Slurpees -$2.49 SM/$3.49 MD/$4.29 Lg
(Cherry Chills, Berry Burst, Limenade)
•Desserts Varies Per Day/See Clem.*

"Clem? Who's Clem?," I asked as I looked up from the menu.

"Clementine, the baker. She's nice, I'll go get her." Violet slowly walked past the tables and beanbag chairs into the kitchen. A few silent moments passed before a caramel, sun kissed goddess appeared, wearing a white apron and a white chef's hat as well.

"The name's Clementine, Clem for short," she held out her flour covered hand and I graciously shook it.

"Louis Sinclaire."

"Louis, the Louis?!" Her face lit up and a toothy grin was plastered on her face. "It is an honor to serve you."

"Please, I am much grateful to be in the presence of someone who looks as incredible as you." Her cheeks grew a cherry red and her eyes shinned so brightly. Her brown, coffee coloured eyes, I caught myself staring at her fondly, as well as she stared at me.

"I, um, excuse me." She rushed off into the kitchen. Violet sat down on a purple beanbag chair and Rosie laid in her lap.

"Is she okay?," I ask confused. Violet giggled.

"She likes you, Mr. Sinclaire, pretty fuckin obvious." Before I could sarcastically reply, Clementime came back with a cup of hot tea and 2 biscuits.

"On the house, Louis." She smiled brightly and I thanked her.

"I'd love to get to know you," I began as I hopped to my feet,"But I have meetings to head off to." I gave her a $100 bill. "Same time tomorrow?" She blushed heavily and nodded. "Great! Take care ladies." I headed out of the door as the 2 ladies whispered to each other.

"Was I blushing?"

"How the hell would I know?"

"OH SHIT I FORGOT YOU'RE BLIND!"

I silently laugh to myself.
What a way to start my day.