sinclaire and cardarelli

[Louis and Violet oneshot cuz I CANNOT WRITE ANOTHER LOVEY DOVEY ONE SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE! I NEED BLOOD, GORE, DEATH, FIRE, MEMES. So ya.]

*flashback*
Its always been me and Vi. When I was sent to Erickson, she was the first person I met. Her short, blonde, messy hair to which became her signature look. Before the world went to total shit, she used to cheat off of me in math and Ms. Randolf always caught her. She was indefinetely well-known by the headmaster, a bit too well-known if you asked me. No matter what disipline actions were taken, she was always found stirring up trouble again and, I'll admit, I helped her with it a few times. Nothing says "FUCK YOU, ERICKSON" like stink grenades and rotten fish guts in his desk. We never got caught for that prank but our hot luck streak ended quickly as we were caught outside past curfew, holding half enpty McDonalds cups.

"Miss Cardarelli and Mister Sinclaire!" We turn around to find Miss Zambroski at the gates, firmly grasping the leash of her rottweiler. Her thick red glasses, her grey hair in a messy bun, she stared at as if we were killers.

"Sick em," she yelled to her dog as she opened the gates, letting the dog free.  We took off running through the surrounding forest of Erickson as the hostile barking of the dog nears.

"Split up, me meet by the bridge," Violet huffed and puffed as she broke left and I broke right. The dog's barking subsided as I ran through shrubs and over tree logs. Crickets chirping and twigs snapping filled the airspace as I caught a glimpse of the rickety bridge Violet mentioned. She stood on the opposite side of me, waving her hand.

"LOU! BEHIND YOU!" She screamed as I turned to find the unimaginable-
A dead person, walking. Its slow staggered walk towards me as I backed away, the wooden boards beneath my feet started to crack and wabble. A gap seperate me and Violet and a 200-something foot fall to death lay beneath within the raging water rapids.

"JUMP! YOU'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T!" Adderaline filled my veins and just as the hand of the undead brushed me, I leaped across the gap. The dead stumbled off of the bridge, falling to its secondary demise. Violet grabbed and hugged me as tears rolled from our faces.

"I'm okay. Lets get back to the school. It's not safe here," I grabbed a broken bottle of glass. "Find anything you could use as a weapon. Um- here." I handed her a pitchfork that was impailed into a nearby tree.

"What was that thing?"

"It looked human but it wasn't." I didn't exactly understand what I saw. I just knew it was a bad thing. The walk back to Erickson was silent and no more of those freaks of nature came after us. Little did we know what kind of hell awaited us back at the school.

A blood curdling shriek exploded into the air. Me and Vi ran towards the gates to witness death, blood, and fire.

Erin, the bracefaced girl me and Vi crushed on, she was torn apart, her body was ripped apart by 2 of those undead freaks. Their bloodlust, their violence, upon the girl I loved. The teachers were no where in sight, Erickson was gone too. Opening the gates and without much thought, I ran towards Erin's body and stabbed the creatures in their heads. Blood splattered all over the ground and my clothes as I dropped to my knees and grieved her loss.

"She's dead, Lou," I sobbed as I clutched her lifeless body. Gunshots rang out amid the darkness. Sophie, Tenn, and Minnie ran inside the building as a thunderstorm brewed. Marlon rushed the rest of us inside and we barricade the doors and windows on the first floor.

"What the fuck are those things?" Brody loudly whispered.

"The dead. Dead people walking," Marlon bluntly spoke. He wiped his face of tears and blood. "The grown ups left us. We are all we have left." We all looked at each other, our eyes glassy and scared. We were just kids, I was 8. This all started 9 years ago.

*end of flashback*

The dead rising and then falling back to the ground by the hands of the living was a common reaccurance. The virus started one day and nobody truly knows how or why. Some said it was the govt.'s fault and they used tainted pesticides on our crops and it got into the water supply.

Some said it was doctors trying to cure cancer by reanimating dead cells within a person's body, thus reanimating the dead.

Some said it was Heaven's way of punishing us sinners for destroying the Earth and its creatures.

Personally, I don't give a damn. As long as I got Violet by my side, it'll be okay. The name's Louis Sinclaire, I got my best friend Violet Caradarelli. We got Willy, Ruby, Aasim, and Omar left. You've mentioned your name was Clementine? And you got a kid, um AJ. We could use your help. Wanna join us?