staying home

[bxdlove - can we stay home tonight <soundcloud>]
-
Can we stay home tonight?
Try something new tonight.
I'm about to lose my mind....
-
Lavender scented candles burned themselves into extinction as I laid sprawled across the lazy boy recliner. Saturday afternoons were usually chaotic. Louis would drag me out to the bar for shots if Clem and Brody didn't drag me to the mall. Minerva and Sophie would beg and plead with me to go with them to see the newest horror film in the theaters and Aasim would ask me a million questions about what would be the best date ideas for Ruby. Not this Saturday though. It was quiet, calm. The very much opposite of what I was so used to. Pitter patter of raindrops dancing down the windowstill as near bliss silence filled the room. Lee, my rockweiler pup, was asleep in his dog bed across the room. AJ was next door playing with Tenn. I finally felt at peace. The front door unlocked and opened, I instinctively reached for the revolver tucked away in the couch cushions before easing up as Clementine tossed her purse and keys aside to hug and kiss me.

"I've missed my queen." I smiled as our lips disconnect. "How was work?" Clementine rolled her eyes and sighed.

"10 hours of working on automobiles, I just wanna stay home tonight." Clementine rolled off of me, the aroma of WD-40 and motor oil spread through the air like wildfire. "I'll shower and then Disney Plus?"

"Disney plus some chicken nuggets." Clementine stopped in place and glared at me.

"Was...was that a fucking pun?" She scoffed and laughed at me. "God I love you." Blushing pink in the cheeks, I smile widely ear to ear. Grabbing my phone, I placed the UberEats order. Just a nice night relaxing with my fiancé.

10 minutes passed before Clem came back downstairs, wearing my Erickson sweatshirt and Batman boxer shorts. Never mind she 'borrowed' my clothes, I'd only return the favor my taking hers. Lee woke up from his nap by the sudden boom of thundet, immediately scampering into my lap and whimpering.

"Awe, my widdle baby boy." Clem sat besides on the couch and rubbed Lee's head as he nestled into me. "He loves his two mamas giving him all the love." I smiled as Lee licked my chin before hopping off and shuffling outside through the doggy door.

"Which mama is gonna clean up the mud he'll bring in?"

"You." Clem looked at me and I was useless to argue with her.

"Then you get the UberEats order."

"Fair." I grabbed the tv remote and selected Disney Plus. "101 Dalmations or Wreck-It-Ralph or....?"

"Hmmm...how about Hotel Transilvania?" I found the movie and let it play, Clem laying on my shoulder as the storm eased up. Tonight was gonna be a good night.