a love worth dying for

[ A requested continuation from "recruitement day" per request by Ihatejaja ]

Previously on "Recruitement Day":
Clementine was Minerva's girlfriend. She was stolen from Erickson by the Delta and lost all memories of life prior to the Delta "rescuing her". When the Delta returned to capture the rest of the Erickson kids, they all had witness what Clementine had become: a ruthless soldier loyal to the Delta only. After capturing all of the kids and taking them back, Louis proved to be restless and stubborn. "I cut out his tongue," Clementine smirked sinisterly as she watched the young man cry underneath a tree. Minerva was horrified by the lack of sympathy Clem had. Horrified by her actions. Violet was also a handful as well, bitting of Dorian's ear.
"Get the flamethrower and burn out her eyes," Clementine demanded. Minerva grabbed the flamethrower but it was not Violet who got flamed in the end. It was Clementine. As she burned and screamed for help, the red-head and the blonde escaped into the surrounding woods.

Now back to your recently scheduled program.

Minerva's POV

I betrayed Delta. I can't go back. They will surely kill me- kill us. All I have is Violet now.

Once I was sure we were far enough to not be immediately seen, I ducked behind a whilted tree to catch my breath.

"Why did you save me," Violet panted.

"I....you mean alot to me."

"Yet, you stole Clementine and made her yours." Violet crossed her arms infront of her chest, clear as daylight she wouldn't accept me so easily.

"I wanted you back."

"Did you want me before or after you kissed her and god knows what else?"

"Look. I couldn't hurt you-"

"More than you have already? I'd be shocked if I-"

"RELEASE THE HOUNDS THEY COULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN TOO FAR!!!" Lily's voice screamed out.

"Fucking RUN," I loudly whispered to Violet. Without hesistation, our legs brushed through the poision oak bushes and through the overflooded streams. Still, we persisted until we'd reach Erickson. Or, what was left of it.

The dormitory that we all took shelther within, reduced to smoldering ashes and smoke. The cementary where we laid to all those who have died, all destroyed in a firey rage. The memories of what was once Erickson seemed to have been destroyed in the roaring flames as well, leaving myself empty as I stared at the place I once called home.

"We have to leave. They will find us soon," I spoke as I gripped a handful of the ash.

"Why should we run?"

I turned towards the blonde lesbian in confusion.

"They will surely kill us for escaping."

"We either die at their hands or at the undeadly hands of the walkers. Seems like a lose/lose situation to me."

I can't believe she's really giving up.

"The Violet I knew wouldn't have given up so easily-"

"The Violet you knew is long gone, somewhere underneath this pile of rubble and ash." I knelt down besides the smouldering ash and began to claw away at it.

"Minnie."

I didn't listen. I just kept digging like a dog who's frantically searching for his beloved bone.

"Minnie."

I didn't stop digging even though my fingertips burned and my palms were bleeding. I was in search for the girl I had loved before and still loved now. She wasn't sitting here besides me. She was gone.

"Minerva!" She slapped me out of my trance. "Please, Minnie stop-" Tears fell from her eyes, not trickling down like rainfall, but like a flood. Endless tears falling from her ocean green eyes, I was sure she held the ocean within those eyes, that's why she was crying so much.

"I love you, Violet. Please forgive me. Marlon, Lily- they've all fucked up my head. I thought The Delta was going to be the one good thing in my life that wouldn't change...." Violet intertwinned her fingers into mine.
"I killed Sophie. I corrupted Clementine. You deserve someone much better than me."

"Why? All I've ever wanted was you."

"I promise when all of this is over, I'll be a better girlfriend. I prom-"

"Well, well well," Clementine spoke as she clapped her hands. "What do we have here?"

I pulled out my gun and aimed it at her.

"Stay. Away. From us," I spoke with venom on the tongue.

"Two traitors and a bunch of sad tears. Oh boo hoo." She smiled sinisterly. Her seeing eye dog, Marlon's dog, Rosie, growled at the sight of us. Clementine's eyes were bandaged up but I know her eyes would be glowing a beautiful honey colour filled with evil, the look she gives prisoners right before she'd kill them.

"It's 2 versus 1 and you're fucking blind, Clem. You don't stand a chance against us," Violet laughed as she pulled out her cleaver.

"Better do the math again, sweetheart," Clementine replied as she whistled. Dozens upon dozens of bodies appear from the trees, all presenting loaded guns aimed at us.
"I'll give you one last chance Minerva. One last chance to prove to me- to the Delta, that we shouldn't slit your throat open and leave you for the walkers." Clementine walked closer to be, wielding a bloodied axe.
"Kill Violet."

"What?!"

"You heard me carrot head. Kill Violet or die."

The trees chanted "do it, do it" as I stared at the bloodied axe. I looked back at Violet, who's eyes were fixated upon me.

"Just...get it over with," Violet sighed as she lowered her head, accepting her fate.

"I won't-"

"Minerva." I turned around to be not-so-pleasently welcomed by Lily.
"My sweet child," she touched Clementine's burnt face. "Who harmed you?" She turned around and glared at me.

"Minerva ma'am," Clementine responded.

"Violet. Kill Minerva." Lily handed Violet the axe off of the ground. She pulled out AJ's revolver and pointed it at her head as well.

"One of you will die today. Right here, right now. So Violet, will you be the dead body on the ground or will you sacrifice your girlfriend?"

A hard lump formed in my throat. I couldn't breathe, couldn't speak, I just stood there in disbelief and panic. Violet raised the axe above her head with tears streaming down her eyes. Accepting my cruel fate, I bowed my head down, awaiting the metal to slit open my skull. Yet, it did not happen. Violet crashed the axe into the cement besides me.

"I won't kill her," Violet yelled. "I WON'T HURT HER."

Lily smirked. "I knew you didn't have it in you." She fired off the gun and Violet's body crashed onto the ground, bleeding in a pool of sticky red liquid.
"Screw you too Minerva." I turned away from the body of Violet's and Lily fired off her gun again, striking me in the neck.
"Good night, sleep tight, hope the walkers will come and bite," her voice echoed as I saw a bright white light.
_______________________________________

Clementine's POV

"Lets go, Rosie," I ordered the loyal dog. Although I am blind, I could see the grin I had plastered across my face. Bigger than that of any kid's on Christmas morning.
"Good riddance to those traitors." The walk back home was long and quiet but once I got back to camp, I unwrapped my eyes. I wasn't totally blind, I saw smugs and shadows but Lily reccomended me to wear bandages around my eyes until they've healed from my sustained burns by a former flame.
[Get it? Cuz ya know Minerva burned her and ill shut up now]

"Good riddance," I grabbed the poloroid Minnie took of us and grabbed my lighter.
"Hope you two burn in Hell." Rosie whimpered from besides me and I put out the flaming photo.
"It's alright. They won't hurt us anymore." I rubbed her head as she laid in my lap. But something told me that they will be back. As a ghost, as a walker, I wasn't sure. But for now, I will not see to it of them. I'm a Delta warrior and first rule of the Delta is:

No traitor survives.